New Motorola Droid Razr In The Wild

lobo13

Reaction score
I actually love the design on this phone. It's so sleek and sexy looking. I don't mind the unremovable battery as it is for splash protection.

mrmark27

Reaction score
if it came out designed for ICS w/o the capactive buttons and all that, i'd prob be leaning toward the RAZR. however, im just not sure how it will work/look once ICS is on it, if those buttons will just be a waste of space or what. I'll compare the nexus and razr side by side but i think ultimately the nexus will be my choice.

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
I really love replaceable batteries,it's a brilliant design feature. I have one at home and one a work in chargers topped off. I can use the heck out of my phone and not worry.

That being said I have nifty USB rechargeable battery that is very convenient. I am concerned about Blur, never used it but many people complain about it.
I was going to wait for the Nexus but my OG is dying rapidly.

el-cid

Reaction score
My OG keeps telling me incessantly that it's out of memory and I can't receive any more text messages (for the last 3 weeks, lol). I've cleared everything I can out of the phone's physical memory that I don't use constantly and I'm still out of space. It knows it's on it's way out and it's throwing a fit. I'm in the same boat; unless there's an announcement about a pre-order or release date on the G-Nex before Thursday I'm pre-ordering one of these.

sb1831

Reaction score
. I am concerned about Blur, never used it but many people complain about it.

Original Blur sucked. Blur now isn't really even noticeable to be honest. You'll also hear a lot of people bash it when they havent even used it on a new handset. Regardless if you like it get one and play with it and see. Don't like it? Return.

electric6

Reaction score
dam*... Droid RAZR makes my bionic cry! :crying:

on the other hand the splashproof design, newer 1.2ghz soc, are very nice.

Yet, I know my bionic will outlive this phone in everyday use because ive got ma beefy moto ext battery on it.

bp328i

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hump (cosmetic fail) + Blur (software fail) + Motorola (fail in general recently) = No thanks.

+1 on this and to add:

I don't like that you can't removed the battery. I like being able to bring an extra battery and when the phone is dead I don't have to plug it in for an hour or so I just change the battery.

Plus the locked bootloader, yeah yeah I know locked bootloaders does not mean you can't run a custom ROM but you can't run a custom kernel. My wife has a Droid X and I hate that if something goes wrong when flashing a ROM or something you have to SBF, it takes so long.

I for one will never buy another Motorola untill they unlock the bootloaders like the OG Droid.

The G-Nexus does have the issue of no sdcard slot but I have yet to fill-up my 32gb sdcard on my Thunderbolt.

ICS is designed to work without physical keys so the Razr is behind the curve on that as well.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
+1 on this and to add:

I don't like that you can't removed the battery. I like being able to bring an extra battery and when the phone is dead I don't have to plug it in for an hour or so I just change the battery.

Plus the locked bootloader, yeah yeah I know locked bootloaders does not mean you can't run a custom ROM but you can't run a custom kernel. My wife has a Droid X and I hate that if something goes wrong when flashing a ROM or something you have to SBF, it takes so long.

I for one will never buy another Motorola untill they unlock the bootloaders like the OG Droid.

The G-Nexus does have the issue of no sdcard slot but I have yet to fill-up my 32gb sdcard on my Thunderbolt.

ICS is designed to work without physical keys so the Razr is behind the curve on that as well.

I did love the X but yea, that SBF stuff can go away! Also, when the updates would leak you couldnt take them, had to jump through hoops and get the pre rooted leaks blah blah blah. Moto trying to block root with every update. Wont miss any of that!

vonfink13

Reaction score
[h=6]if i was one of those conspiracy theory guys i would bet that moto and vzw have purposely slowed my og droid to a crawl and forced me to do at least 3 battery pulls a day ever since the razr was announced...luckily i am not one of those guys...but...anyone else noticing this phenomenon...??..[/h]

JohnnytheK

Reaction score
if i was one of those conspiracy theory guys i would bet that moto and vzw have purposely slowed my og droid to a crawl and forced me to do at least 3 battery pulls a day ever since the razr was announced...luckily i am not one of those guys...but...anyone else noticing this phenomenon...??..

Wow, I think you got something there. I killed my X2 so I reactivated my OG and it was fine for 2-3 days then yesterday. Lock ups, slow downs, 10 battery pulls. Finally I spent the rest of the day, factory resetting and re-installing my most important apps, (I also reformatted my SD card). It's working for now, but the writing is on the wall!