New Motorola Droid. Microphone turns off in the middle of calls

Kerin15

Reaction score
Seems like the phone is downloading when this happens. It's happened on 75% of my calls. Anyone know how to address this? Thx.

nikkix

Reaction score
this happens to me too. seems like my cheek is pressing something. i just go to the notification pull down bar and select the call, and it brings me back to the main screen when you dial out, and when that happens, mute is turned off. i wish i knew how to stop it from happening though, its damn annoying.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
There are a lot of posts here about problems with the proximity sensor. Stand in front of a mirror, or have a friend watch when you are talking. The screen should turn off when you put the phone to your face, and should stay off until you pull the phone away. If it does not, borrow another droid, and try the same test.

If yours has the problem, and another droid does not, return it to verizon, they will replace it.

My wife had the problem - it made the phone almost unusable. The prox sensor did not keep the display off, so her cheek would put the phone on mute, on speaker, or hang up. ALL the time. Was quite annoying. Verizon initially kind of gave her the runaround, but when I showed them the test above, they immediately agreed there was a problem, and she had a new phone. The new phone works perfectly.

jc

eliassami5

Reaction score
we need a sticky for this already.

Its a known problem with the proximity sensor, it does not function properly if your hair is in the way. To solve the problem just move your hair away from your ear when you go to talk on the phone.

Milehighjc

Reaction score
we need a sticky for this already.

Its a known problem with the proximity sensor, it does not function properly if your hair is in the way. To solve the problem just move your hair away from your ear when you go to talk on the phone.

Agree we need a sticky... there must be a dozen threads about this.

However, I dont think it always has to do with hair - in my wifes case, it was the phone (as proven by the test I mentioned). Im sure hair does have an effect in some cases, just saying its not always the solution.

edit... BTW, when I used her old phone, the prox sensor was not working correctly for me either.

Jeff