New MOTO UI

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
So I have watched a couple of unboxing videos on youtube of the new RAZR'S...I must say they look really sweet and the User Interface just keeps getting better and better IMO. I was wondering if there is a way that somebody could/would/will/is going to port over the launcher that is on the new RAZRs....I really like it and I also like the clock widget and how you can flip them and edit alot of things on them. I know there is the same exact widget in the market as One More Clock Widget but the STOCK MOTO one is super slick.

So I am hoping that in the near future somebody will be able to port or get the launcher off the new RAZRs for us guys with the OG RAZR to put on our phones.

What do yall think???

gtofan350

Reaction score
I'm right there with you, I really like how moto added another dimension to their widgets. I bet there's a very good chance we will see moto's new blur on our razrs. I hope moto will have the sense to update the current gen razr/razr maxx to the latest of their software. Here's hopin anyway..

TheJester34

Reaction score
That looks pretty nice. Hopefully we'll get that in an update. You would think we would, with how hard they were pushing the RAZRs to begin with

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I like how their ui does a lot of functionality while remaining clean.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Yeah i am really hoping somebody can port over the launcher and stuff like they did with the atrix launcher

djspy

Reaction score
I really like the live icons the most. Swipe up your text or email icon to get a preview of what's in there. Excellent!

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Wow. This is pretty much exactly what i was talking about. I wonder if this has the feature like in the new razr launcher where you swipe to the left and it goes to like a quick settings thing to make getting to settings easier and more user friendly.

leftspin

Reaction score
Wow. This is pretty much exactly what i was talking about. I wonder if this has the feature like in the new razr launcher where you swipe to the left and it goes to like a quick settings thing to make getting to settings easier and more user friendly.

It says it has the new Moto launcher incorporated into the ROM so I would imagine it does

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
leftspin said:
It says it has the new Moto launcher incorporated into the ROM so I would imagine it does

Gotcha...yeah i was just reading the post and browsing through the comments. Do you have this flashed?

leftspin

Reaction score
Gotcha...yeah i was just reading the post and browsing through the comments. Do you have this flashed?

I have Arctic HD (same ROM but without softkeys) on my non-safe side of Safestrap but I didn't really take much time to play around with it other than getting my accounts and shortcuts set up, but it's definitely the nicest Blur ROM around right now

OP
H

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
leftspin said:
I have Arctic HD (same ROM but without softkeys) on my non-safe side of Safestrap but I didn't really take much time to play around with it other than getting my accounts and shortcuts set up, but it's definitely the nicest Blur ROM around right now

Gotcha. So it looks like the developers are updating it pretty regularly. Does it seem pretty stable and i bet as time goes on it'll only improve

leftspin

Reaction score
Totally stable and development will probably stay pretty active for a while considering the initial release was only a day or two ago. If you're on the fence about trying it, make a nandroid backup first so if you decide you'd rather stay stock you can go back to exactly how it was before you flashed

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
It makes me wonder if perhaps the newest update for the razr devices, will be the new ics UI...

djspy

Reaction score
It makes me wonder if perhaps the newest update for the razr devices, will be the new ics UI...

Then this means we'll get the update after these phones are released. Hmm the RAZR M will be out in a couple of days... and it's basically the same thing as the OG RAZR (screen etc) except for larger battery. Maybe a new leak is upon us soon :)