New MIUI User

stragabenz

Reaction score
First off want to say thanks to all the Devs and Team-D1-MIUI for this great rom. I have some questions if someone could help me out.

1) I seem to have a problem getting my phone to just vibrate. I put my volume rocker all the way down to sound off then select the vibrate button (lit) on the notification bar. My phone calls are vibrating but all my notifications come through with sound, How can I put the phone to vibrate for all?

2) My battery life has decreased alittle since switching from UD but that may be because of all the settings that can be changed withing UD. I was messing around with the Automatic Brightness setting and I don't think its functioning correctly. I tried in a really dark room, outside, a bright room with lights on, and the brightness stays at the same level. I would like to know if anyone else can confirm if it is properly working?

3) Does MIUI have its own overclocking settings? Or I have to use SetCPU? Does anyone recommend a good solid(wifi working) kernel?

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
The first, go to your notification settings and make sure vibrate always is on. Also, go to sounds settings and make sure everything is set properly.

MIUI has always been a bit low on battery life for me. I don't know about the brightness, I'm not running MIUI. But, make sure there isn't a .1 update in the OP that might fix it if it's a known bug.

And you can use SetCPU or there is something you can add the I think the build.prop but I don't remember how it goes. Sorry, bt SC works fine. I would just use the stock kernel. It's plenty fast. Also, if you go to launcher settings and un-tick high res graphics, the launcher will be smoother.

fox_dye

Reaction score
Recalibrate your battery. You do this in the advanced settings menu in clockworkmod recovery. Just fully charge your phone and the erase the battery stats. Let it die and recharge fully twice. That should help with the battery. Not sure about the vibrate as I don't have that issue.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....
follow me on twitter @fox_dye

hoppermi

Reaction score
use the toggles in the notification bar. volume off, vibrate on.

OP
stragabenz

stragabenz

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the quick response worked like a charm.

I did recalibrate my battery but my battery life seems the same, I truely think auto-brightness may not be working properly and causing the reduced battery life. Let me know if anyone can test it out.

OP
stragabenz

stragabenz

Reaction score
My phone did some weird stuff yesterday, first off it froze up completely while using the camera and I had to pull the battery out. Next it froze up on me after I got off a phone call and did a battery pull again. Then one more time sending a text message. I did wipe everything(3x) before installing MIUI, should I wipe again and re-install??

doublea500

Reaction score
My phone did some weird stuff yesterday, first off it froze up completely while using the camera and I had to pull the battery out. Next it froze up on me after I got off a phone call and did a battery pull again. Then one more time sending a text message. I did wipe everything(3x) before installing MIUI, should I wipe again and re-install??

im having these problems too. i tried installing p3 kernal and it helped a bit but it still freezes once in a while.

OP
stragabenz

stragabenz

Reaction score
ok cool I'll try that, any issues with wifi? GPS? or anything using p3 kernel

doublea500

Reaction score
well the thing is the kernal doesnt fix everything for me. i have to say it does help though. i bet wiping would be the best bet. imma probably do that eventually. hopefully miui will update soon and ill have more of a reason to wipe lol:D

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Recalibrate your battery. You do this in the advanced settings menu in clockworkmod recovery. Just fully charge your phone and the erase the battery stats. Let it die and recharge fully twice. That should help with the battery. Not sure about the vibrate as I don't have that issue.

Sent from a galaxy far far away.....
follow me on twitter @fox_dye

If one does not use CW how would they reset the battery. Some other roms have a setting in the system folder. I've not been able to locate a similar option in MIUI.

Mike

HardWired

Reaction score
You really should give cwm another try mw. I think you've posted in the past why you didn't like it but it really has been rock solid for months. There were a couple of wonky releases early last year but all is well since then. It really is the better of the two.

Or another great alternative is to try the RZR recovery developed by raidzero. Its based on spr and is the best of both worlds if you check out the comparison chart.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ra...-based-update-zips-battery-charging-more.html

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, HardWired. I'm familiar with RZR. Several of us in RS tried it last year. At that time, I decided, as did others on RS, that RZR still needed some work. I've not done anything with it since then. Perhaps I should.

CW just has too many "bumps" for me. I've used SPR for over a year. I've installed roms, swapped roms, created and restored backups probably 60 to 70 times. Perhaps I'm just lucky but I've not had one problem with SPR. For me, it simply preforms flawlessly.

Mike

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Regarding battery issues:
I believe the issue is your battery.
The issue is popping up on every Customs forum in the custom forum.
I think the bottom line is that some batteries have lost the ability to hold the charge they once could.
I mean how long have you had your OG and how much have you used it.
I haven't had a battery issue on any ROM but that is merely my battery.
Some have had it drop 50% over the night while the droid was turned off, not sleeping but off.
This was reported on 2 other Customs threads.
People using GB blame GB, and others on fro or a hybrid just question if it may be the ROM.
I just think it is the case that age eventually catches up to the best of us, including batteries.