New Microsoft Commercial Pokes Fun at Android & iOS Holy War to Hilarious Results

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;Z19vR1GldRI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19vR1GldRI&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

Here in the forums we love to help keep you guys as informed as possible, but sometimes we also just like to share some of the great entertainment that is out there. A new commercial from Microsoft fits that category. Even though the big MS is struggling to stay relevant in the new mobile-centered computing world, they still can come up with some pretty funny commercials. In the above video, Microsoft pokes fun at the "holy war" that is constantly raging across the mobile landscape between iOS and Android.

The commercial tries to paint the new Lumia Windows 8 phones as "above the fray." While that premise is dubious at best, we can't help but agree that sometimes the war of words between the iOS and Android fanboys easily degrades into ridiculousness. The over-the-top nature of the video is a perfect caricature of the industry right now, and it is definitely worth a chuckle or two. Also, we have to give credit were it's due. Microsoft has done a good job on this commercial, and, according to the latest Kantar Worldpanel marketing results, Windows Phones have gained ground and are up 1.9% from 3.7% to 5.6% compared to last year.

Ironically, even though Microsoft's commercial is meant to poke fun at the other players in the industry, it also happens to mirror reality in a way that paints a sad picture of the actual state of things. In the commercial only two people have Windows Phones out of a huge group who have iOS or Android. I doubt that was what Microsoft's marketing team was intending to convey.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I got a kick out of this - my wife didn't get it so much, but I got a good chuckle... :)

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Very funny vid! ^ the wives are good for a lot of things like that. "this old flip phone is fine", "you cant tell hd from normal tv, you men are all suckers" ..oh the list goes on and on! :D

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I've watched this several times since I saw it for the first time this morning! xD So great! They got all the characters so right on. Especially the hipster with the beard and glasses! ;)

@Xeene: The Lumia is great! I've even considered switching if it ever came to VZW. =)

Droidram56

Reaction score
Great video by MS. Did it convince me to switch to a Windows phone? Nope. But it was very funny and entertaining

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Great video indeed...I won't buy a Microsoft phone though.. Just me it has no wow to me..

Noted2x..

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've watched this several times since I saw it for the first time this morning! xD So great! They got all the characters so right on. Especially the hipster with the beard and glasses! ;)

@Xeene: The Lumia is great! I've even considered switching if it ever came to VZW. =)

The 928 will be hitting Verizon soon, looks like a great device - a souped up 920.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Love that "could you move your big ass phone!" and "is there an app for that!"
hahaha

OP
dgstorm

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I love the line... "aren't you a little young to have an iPhone?" rofl

xtor

Reaction score
Did I here the commercial say they had the #1 phone of the year?, nobody I now would buy one, a vzw salesman tried to show me one, I said no thanks I'm here for the note 2

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
Admittedly I do like fighting with iPowned users. I sometimes do wish I could punch them in the face! :biggrin: