New message indication not going away..again

bailman

Reaction score
I had this problem when I got the phone, powering off and on cleared them. This time that isn't working. Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions on how to clear? Thanks

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I had this problem when I got the phone, powering off and on cleared them. This time that isn't working. Anyone else having this issue? Suggestions on how to clear? Thanks

When you use the pull down screen is there a clear button? If so, just tap that.

OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
They aren't showing in the pull down menu, only on the message screen...

ionide

Reaction score
Reboot should clear. Maybe you have fast boot on when you turned off and on? If so, try turning off fast boot and power cycle again and let us know if that works.

DrewB

Reaction score
Try sending a couple of messages to yourself. That cleared mine up.

sent from tunda bow

OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
So I did a battery pull...nothing, sent multiple texts from my wife's phone...nothing, then all of the sudden they cleared??? My messaging seems to be running slow also.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
One of the main reasons I use HandcentSMS instead of the stock app.

OP
B

bailman

Reaction score
I tried handcent, but couldn't figure out how to disable the stock messaging so I kept getting duplicate messages? Is there a way to disable the stock program?

Staveandor

Reaction score
After installing an alternate texting app, go into the stock texting app, choose settings, and uncheck "receive notifications".

That should clear things up.

1android

Reaction score
After installing an alternate texting app, go into the stock texting app, choose settings, and uncheck "receive notifications".

That should clear things up.
+1, thats what you need to do. Are you running SMS unread or/and handcent? you only need to be notified from one of your messaging apps so uncheck the notifications from the one you aren't using. If you dont, you will get 2 notifications. also uncheck your reminders.

ghostofdavid

Reaction score
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I was going nuts trying to make the green one bubble disappear. It started when I installed, deleted and then reinstalled HandcentSMS.

Does this slow down anyone else's non-rooted Thunderbolt? Mine seems to drag with HandcentSMS.