grove.ayers

Reaction score
Hello all-
I am new to the forum. I have had an original Motorola Droid since February 2010 and I use the heck out of it. Overall, I love it. I'm kinda more menu-driven, so I am not an iPhone fan. Really, my only issueis that my incoming text messages do not wake-up the screen or display automatically.

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hello all-
I am new to the forum. I have had an original Motorola Droid since February 2010 and I use the heck out of it. Overall, I love it. I'm kinda more menu-driven, so I am not an iPhone fan. Really, my only issueis that my incoming text messages do not wake-up the screen or display automatically.
:welcome: to the board! As far as the screen wake up, or displaying the message, have you tried Handcent? It has a popup option.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - we are glad to have you

triptych

Reaction score
Welcome!
Handcent sms has an ability to "popup" new text messages. Whether or not it wakes up the display is entirely your choice. IMO, a text waking up your phone is an invitation to prying eyes, but that doesn't sound like a concern of yours.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
Welcome to the forum.

Please try not to double post. If you are not getting any responses put in your own response as a "bump" to keep the thread at the top. I think between the two threads you've gotten some pretty good advice.

Again, welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay.