New member.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by amguitarman, May 27, 2010.

1. amguitarman

amguitarman New Member

Hello, my name's Adam.

I'm very new to the Droid. (I got one off eBay yesterday!) dancedroid
    Why am I interested in the Droid? Because kicks the crap out of :iphone:! That's why. I love the keyboard, the GPS, and the standard 16gb of memory.

I wanted one ever since they first came out. But I was a little put off by the idea of paying an extra $30-$40 a month, so I'll be activating it on Pageplus.
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes DF Super Moderator Theme Developer

:welcome: to the forum Adam!!!
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Glad to have you here. I'm not quite sure who or what Pageplus is but the 30.00 is for unlimited data which you need with a smart phone.

Anyway, glad you found us and if you need anything just let us know.
  4. amguitarman

amguitarman New Member

Yeah, data is $30 a month before taxes, on top of a $50 a month phone bill. Page plus is $45 a month, for unlimited Talk and Text. It just seems like a better deal to me.

I'm really interested in the Droid because I can finally have my phone, MP3 player, and a pretty decent camera all in one package. I really don't feel like 3G is a necessity.

About the only Droid has that I would say I need 3G for is the GPS. I get 20mb of data a month from Page plus. I figured I could use that for GPS and for everything else, just use wi-fi (which I have access to about 90% of the time).