New member.

amguitarman

Reaction score
Hello, my name's Adam.

I'm very new to the Droid. (I got one off eBay yesterday!) dancedroid
Why am I interested in the Droid? Because kicks the crap out of :iphone:! That's why. I love the keyboard, the GPS, and the standard 16gb of memory.

I wanted one ever since they first came out. But I was a little put off by the idea of paying an extra $30-$40 a month, so I'll be activating it on Pageplus.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, my name's Adam.

I'm very new to the Droid. (I got one off eBay yesterday!) dancedroid
Why am I interested in the Droid? Because kicks the crap out of :iphone:! That's why. I love the keyboard, the GPS, and the standard 16gb of memory.

I wanted one ever since they first came out. But I was a little put off by the idea of paying an extra $30-$40 a month, so I'll be activating it on Pageplus.

:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Glad to have you here. I'm not quite sure who or what Pageplus is but the 30.00 is for unlimited data which you need with a smart phone.

Anyway, glad you found us and if you need anything just let us know.

OP
A

amguitarman

Reaction score
Yeah, data is $30 a month before taxes, on top of a $50 a month phone bill. Page plus is $45 a month, for unlimited Talk and Text. It just seems like a better deal to me.

I'm really interested in the Droid because I can finally have my phone, MP3 player, and a pretty decent camera all in one package. I really don't feel like 3G is a necessity.

About the only Droid has that I would say I need 3G for is the GPS. I get 20mb of data a month from Page plus. I figured I could use that for GPS and for everything else, just use wi-fi (which I have access to about 90% of the time).