Mama P

Reaction score
Hi...I have just gotten a Motorola DROID and have not decided yet if I like it. I have a LOT to learn and am trying to be patient and remember that it is like moving into a new house. I have to give it (and myself) time to get used to it. The most frustrating thing to me at this point is that I text a lot and I could text a LOT faster on my DARE using Word. I haven't found that to be possible on the DROID... I will spend some time looking through the threads on this website and see if you guys have long-answered some of my questions...
Thanks...
Mama P, a brand-new and very proud Grandma

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Welcome to the Madness :D

Ask away, We are here to Help.

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome. I don't know anything about the Dare but there are plenty of keyboard apps that help speed things along (Swipe, shapewriter) and I think 2.1 has voice to text.

Anyway, you'll find a lot of info here and deciding to give it some time to learn is the best thing you can do. It's a steep learning curve, but it's a fun ride!

warrior21

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Give it some time, most people go through a big learning curve with the droid. You will probably learn to love it

zerosouls

Soulless Droid
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
gplus.to
My fiance upgraded from the Dare to the Incredible because she felt it closely mimicked the dares keyboard... not sure what you mean by typing in Word though...

Try everything you can for the Moto Droid, it is an awesome piece of hardware, but it's not too late to consider the Incredible as well.

Just stay in the Android nation and you'll be fine :)

Chris1980

Reaction score
I had the Dare before my droid. I have sent rooted and switched the a Swype keyboard. I love the physical keyboard the most. It does take some getting used to.