JudyT

Reaction score
Hi, I'm fairly new to the Droid. I've owned it awhile, but haven't really explored all it can do. I'm here because I downloaded a SMS app that was supposed to give me options to add special ringtones by callers. But the download didn't go through. When I searched other areas I was instructed to look at "My Downloads" screen. Can't find it on my phone though. It's when I realized I needed help. So, here I am.

joeymoose

Reaction score
Is this a paid of free app, better yet what the name? So when you go to downloads in the market it's not there?

Just find it in the market and re download it...

OP
J

JudyT

Reaction score
New App Ultimate SMS

It was Ultimate SMS and it costs $4.99. I think my big problem is I can't find My Downloads under Market. I've been reading other's comments and they refer to going to Market/Downloads, but I don't see it. I'm sure it is user error, but if you could guide me, I would appreciate it.

OP
J

JudyT

Reaction score
Ultimate SMS

Ok, maybe I have it. I went back to Market and looked for Ultimate SMS, it shows purchased so I chose install and there it went. Boy..talk about user DUH! Thanks for chatting with me, I guess I just needed another person to shake my brain.
:blink:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Handcent is a free text messaging app that lets you assign custom ringtones, LED colors, and vibrations (long buzz for one person, bz, bzzzzzzzzz, bz, bzzzzzz for another person, etc) to individual contacts.

You may want to try this free app first. If the for pay one isn't showing then maybe you are right and you didn't get charged for it.

visit this link to see if the purchase is showing:
https://checkout.google.com/main

just saw your post above...you have 24 hrs to try an app and return it to get your money back. Good luck, either way!

joeymoose

Reaction score
Ok, maybe I have it. I went back to Market and looked for Ultimate SMS, it shows purchased so I chose install and there it went. Boy..talk about user DUH! Thanks for chatting with me, I guess I just needed another person to shake my brain.
:blink:

No problem, I'm still foggy from last night....

JP 5.56

Reaction score
In the future if you need to get into the Market Downloads area, all you have to do is open the market, then hit the menu button, and choose downloads.

joeymoose

Reaction score
In the future if you need to get into the Market Downloads area, all you have to do is open the market, then hit the menu button, and choose downloads.

Depending on what ROM you are running some of your paid apps may not show up. Good tip nonetheless. :)

OP
J

JudyT

Reaction score
Handcent added, Ringtones completed

Once I took out my battery and reset the phone the app was there, but after reading the forum I decided to return it and go for Handcent since it was free.

I did have another issue, but through the forum and a little patience, I found the answer to my issue. Ringtones from Verizon via message said they were saving to the SD card but they weren't. I took out my SD card and was able to use the Droid Messaging, hold down next to the ringtone play button and save the ringtone to my phone. They show up on my list too. One caution, when you save the first one and you go back to the message, if there is more than one ringtone, pay attention to which one you have downloaded by playing it. When you go back to the message with more than one ringtone on it, it keeps going to the bottom of the message, now I have four of one ringtone on my list. Oh well, at least I have them now.