Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by supr2nr, Mar 4, 2010.

1. supr2nr

supr2nr New Member

Hey just wanted to introduce myself. Just picked up my new droid last week. So far really loving the thing.

Been reading a little bit about rooting it and overclocking it. How much more difference does it make to overclock it?

Thanks.
  2. AnneDroid

AnneDroid Rescue Squad

Welcome aboard, supr2nr! Glad you decided to get the Droid and join the forum. I know nothing about rooting - only what I've read, but someone will be along who can answer your question. Enjoy your time here!:welcome:
  3. LtKen

LtKen New Member

Welcome.

Lots of people will say overclocked is night and day. I would be one of those people....

If you feel up to the challenge, and are even mildly computer saavy, then you should give it a shot. If you dont like it, it can always be undone. You run the risk of bricking it, but I dont know anyone yet who has truly killed their phone, just made life harder for themselves.

Welcome again.
  4. irishdroid

irishdroid New Member

Welcome! Glad to have you here. I just rooted and love it. The ability to really customize is great and overclocking makes it fly. If your nervous about it try droidmod, that's what I used. You can search YouTube for droidmod and it walks you right through it. Good luck and have fun.

PLEASE, read about and research before making a choice. You might find your Droid does all you want and more. I rooted after I chose to unleash the full capabilities of the device.
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2010