cheev21

Reaction score
Hi everyone I've had my Droid for awhile now and I feel that I'm not getting the most out of my Droid. So I decided to join after finding this forum. I was wondering what some good apps are to have to and I've noticed that my phone seems to be sluggish from time to time and was wondering how I could fix that. ThanksThanks

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!!

Some of the apps that I use are Beautiful Widgets - I love their big home widget with clock and weather! Noodles is a To Do list app. MixZing is a music app. Solitaire, Crush the Castle and Angry Birds are my games. Folder Organizer is for changing the stock icons of the apps I put on the home screens. Launcher Pro Plus is my home replacement app. Co-Pilot is the navigation app I use (I normally use Navigon, but it isn't working with the new Gingerbread rom I installed). Gmail, you already have this one, is what I use for all my emails (pop3 included). Tapatalk is what I use to read forums on the phone and xScope is the web browser I use. I have used and like Dolphin HD Browser too.

Anyway, that's sort of the core of the apps I use on a daily basis.

Good luck and enjoy!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Forgot to add that when the Droid 1 lags or slows down, a reboot will normally help. In fact during the 16 months or so that I've had my Droid, I find that it likes to be restarted every day or so.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. have u rooted ur phone at all? running any task killers? sluggish as in running slow?

Swype with an Aloha from Hawaii

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! You've already received good advice from my friend, BayouFlyFisher's. I find that the best way to keep my Droid snappy is to clear Dalvick cache once a week.

OP
C

cheev21

Reaction score
Thanks for app suggestions, no I haven't rooted it yet bc I'm not sure what u mean by that. Yeah I have a task killer running. Its the one with the little green Guy that they told me to download at the store. Should I not b running it? Where is that cache at to clear it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App