1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by Duganz, Dec 28, 2009.

1. Duganz

Duganz New Member

Hello all, I purchased my DROID today. I haven't put it down since I walked out of the store with it!

I would like to find out if there is a way to connect to my computer and stream movies via 3G over the internet? I have been looking for threads but they aren't really in lamens terms. Having only owned the phone for about 12 hours I don't really know everything yet.

TIA
  2. pandroid

pandroid Theme Developer Theme Developer

you mean you would like to stream movies from your computer to your droid?
  3. boatman2220

boatman2220 New Member

Welcome, hope you enjoy your new phone. Check through the threads in the video section. Lots of people there know all the things you can and can't do with it.
  4. Duganz

Duganz New Member

Yes.

I would like to find a way to be able to connect to my computer from anywhere and stream movies. I realize you are able to put movies on the phone and watch them anywhere, but would much rather leave the large movie files on my computer with over 100x the storage of my device.

I have only found apps that allow me to connect only when I am on a local WiFi. However I am going to set up an FTP later today and see what I can do with that.
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2009