erikamc

Reaction score
just posting the suggested intro. just got an lg ally trying to figure out the bells and whistles. not having much luck.

erika

Canadroid

Reaction score
just posting the suggested intro. just got an lg ally trying to figure out the bells and whistles. not having much luck.

erika

:welcome:

Don't worry, you'll be on top of it in no time. Everyone is very helpful and friendly, if you cannot find the answer in Search, ask away!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Welcome! There are lgally sister forums(www.lgallyforums.com), or you can post in the lg ally subforums here! Ill try to help as my girlfriend has the lg ally and I've been helping her with her phone.

Droidforums.net appified!

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Pm me on some ally info if needed. My wife's phone is a terd and I am constantly reading up on it.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
E

erikamc

Reaction score
thanks. posted 1 question to apps and my other two in the ally sub forum. i might swing by the lgally forum. happy with it so far sort of. i have little hands and constantly mistype, can't imagine my BF trying to use the darn thing! miss the ease of my old phone. but considering this cost me about 30bucks when it was all said and done, i'm cool with it;-)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to D/F - anything you need, just ask :wink:

Bilgediver

Reaction score
thanks. posted 1 question to apps and my other two in the ally sub forum. i might swing by the lgally forum. happy with it so far sort of. i have little hands and constantly mistype, can't imagine my BF trying to use the darn thing! miss the ease of my old phone. but considering this cost me about 30bucks when it was all said and done, i'm cool with it;-)

I actually like the hard keyboard on her ally, and the onscreen keyboard in portrait is cramped, but usable. The landscape onscreen keyboard is better, though.

I just wish lg would update the ally to froyo (android 2.2). Some of the issues my gf has would immediately be resolved (like performance or installing apps to the sd card).

Bilgediver

Reaction score
One of the best things you could do is install a home replacement app like launcherpro or adw launcher, your home screens navigation will be much smoother.

She just installed the angry birds game and is addicted!

OP
E

erikamc

Reaction score
i downloaded angry birds cause i heard it was addictive, and lets face it, we all need SOMETHING to do at work, but it kept freezing up. i had one of my coworkers remove it for me (and show me how). the onscreen seems touchy, and not touchy. its very frustrating to me right now, but i think i'll get better. sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get something to work and other times i just look at a letter and it shows up!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Sorry angry birds didn't work for you, I guess its hit or miss, as my gf tried it once and failed, then tried it again and it worked.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
i downloaded angry birds cause i heard it was addictive, and lets face it, we all need SOMETHING to do at work, but it kept freezing up. i had one of my coworkers remove it for me (and show me how). the onscreen seems touchy, and not touchy. its very frustrating to me right now, but i think i'll get better. sometimes it takes a lot of effort to get something to work and other times i just look at a letter and it shows up!
Its not like you do any WORK at work, right? :p

One thing I've noticed with my gfs phone, the screen can be very responsive, except it doesn't seem to register touches right around the edges of the screen, only about a few mm away from the edge, all the way around.

Bilgediver

Reaction score
Sorry angry birds didn't work for you, I guess its hit or miss, as my gf tried it once and failed, then tried it again and it worked.

Third post in a row, sorry. Angry Birds mightve just been a one time bad install. You could try it again, as I said in the post above, my gf got it working on the second try.

OP
E

erikamc

Reaction score
who works at work? i'll try angry birds again i'll get the feel for the screen eventually i'm sure. i bet the screen protector messes with performance at least some but i'm a klutz so anything to help keep it in one piece!

Bilgediver

Reaction score
It takes some getting used to, but like I said, I don't think the screen works a few millimeters all the way around the edge of the screen.