New Member with TONS O' Questions...

Zee1

Reaction score
Hi, don't think I've set my Droid down since I got it on Sunday! LOVE parts of it, HATE others... Tons of questions that I will try to post in appropriate areas... most important at the moment are... Why do I always have to push the button at the top to have it come on... when it is just sitting on my desk and I get a message it would be MUCH more convenient to just touch the screen for activation, rather that having to pick it up and push the silly button on the top... Music - all my music is tagged on my pc but when I transferred it to SD card it all shows as one Album... I have poor reception at my house, it will say 3G and then change to 1x and keep bouncing back and forth, is there some way to stabilize it's reception range - or whatever this would be?? Anyhow, I will try to find the appropriate place and post these questions!!!! MANY THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR THE HELP!!!! :icon_ banana:

Guurzak

Reaction score
1) Why do I always have to push the button at the top to have it come on... when it is just sitting on my desk and I get a message it would be MUCH more convenient to just touch the screen for activation, rather that having to pick it up and push the silly button on the top...

Well, if you have a charger at your desk, you can set your phone to never sleep while charging. (Menu: Settings: Applications: Development: Stay Awake) Also, I'm not 100% sure on this but I believe that if you install Handcent as a replacement to your stock messaging app, it will wake your phone up when you receive a text.

2) Music - all my music is tagged on my pc but when I transferred it to SD card it all shows as one Album...

Not sure why it would do this; it didn't on mine. You might try using Motorola Media Sync or one of the other automatic music synch programs instead of manual copy.

3) I have poor reception at my house, it will say 3G and then change to 1x and keep bouncing back and forth, is there some way to stabilize it's reception range - or whatever this would be??

If your problems are just with data but your voice calls are fine, then the easiest way to fix this is just to set up a wireless router at your house and use WiFi instead of 3G when you're at home. Another option would be to get the Verizon MiFi which is a cellular hotspot for your house; this will improve both 3G and voice coverage. Either option will require you to have a broadband internet connection, but that's pretty much a necessity of life anyway.

Or, you could just call Verizon and complain about your coverage. One call won't do it but if there are a lot of people in your neighborhood with problems then they'll sooner or later set up a new tower to serve you better.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
for the music one, if the file has an album saved with it then it should keep this, if not the droid might just merge them all into 1...

OP
Z

Zee1

Reaction score
Wow!

WOW are members knowledgeable and helpful!!! I am so impressed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

More info: the music was tagged in combination of windows and windows media player and yes they are wma files... I will transfer some mp3s and see if the same thing happens... I will try a sync program as well, although I've never had great success with them...

re: wifi etc, VERY rural area, DSL, cable, etc not options, all other options in this area very expensive, that's why trying Droid to see if can do internet well enough on it to suffice...

huskur

Reaction score
If you download an app called "handcent" from the market it will wake the phone on incoming texts

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
WOW are members knowledgeable and helpful!!! I am so impressed!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

More info: the music was tagged in combination of windows and windows media player and yes they are wma files... I will transfer some mp3s and see if the same thing happens... I will try a sync program as well, although I've never had great success with them...

re: wifi etc, VERY rural area, DSL, cable, etc not options, all other options in this area very expensive, that's why trying Droid to see if can do internet well enough on it to suffice...

if you get a strong enough 3G connection there should be no problem :)

victoriac

Reaction score
If you download an app called "handcent" from the market it will wake the phone on incoming texts

Yes, I was just going to add this, if you get hancent it will wake the phone up and you can answer right on the screen without having to unlock.
:icon_ banana::icon_ lala::byeBB::welcome:

dylanthecat

Reaction score