new member with questions.

grizzleyman

Reaction score
I just found this site and think it's great. it has answerd some questions for me but not all. I was wondering if other people were having some of the same issues i am having. I dont have a docking station and would like to turn the settings off in my phone. it makes answering calls difficult with having to flip through screens just to answer a incoming call. Is there any way to get rid of this ?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
First...Welcome to the Forum

I don't know if I understand your question completely, why do you need to flip through screens to answer your phone ?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I just found this site and think it's great. it has answerd some questions for me but not all. I was wondering if other people were having some of the same issues i am having. I dont have a docking station and would like to turn the settings off in my phone. it makes answering calls difficult with having to flip through screens just to answer a incoming call. Is there any way to get rid of this ?

:welcome: to the forum but I'm not sure I'm following you. When an incoming call comes in your screen should go right to the answer screen, regardless of whether it's in a docking station or not.

OP
G

grizzleyman

Reaction score
when I take the droid out of my case it is on the screen that has the time and the weather on it and all my choices for home, musis,camera on the bottom. I have to push the home button and then the phone button and finally push the return to previous call and then it finally takes me to the answer the call screen. I dont like to take all these steps to answer my phone it's kind of a pain in the butt.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you using a magnetic case? Sometimes the magnets will trigger dock mode. There is an app called "dock blocker" download it & give it a try.

Sent from my Droid X

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Are you using a magnetic case? Sometimes the magnets will trigger dock mode.
Pure Genius.... :)

I don't understand why VZW even sells these magnetic cases for the Droid series

I use their pouch with my X & the magnets have never put my phone into dock mode. I think alit depends on placement & strength if battery.

Sent from my Droid X

OP
G

grizzleyman

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I got the dock stop app. and havent had the problem since.