NEW MEMBER- with no PDA device experience

smummert

Reaction score
Hello, I am Suzanne and have had my Droid for 3 days. Still very confused. Any and all help would be appreciated.
  1. First and foremost, how do keep the droid from going into sleep mode when i have only been inactive a few second?
  2. How do I text? I am one of the last hld outs and I have never sent a txt message. Not even sure what screen to go to.
  3. How do I add other e-mail accounts. I was able to add a yahoo account but not the account that we has associated with yahoo but ending is our personal ____.com address.
  4. How do I set the notification screen to tell/alarm me when I have a new e-mail, voice message etc without haveing to open the droid and pull it up. The store has a screen for footbal and news. Can I get rid of that and put the notification screen there?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am Suzanne and have had my Droid for 3 days. Still very confused. Any and all help would be appreciated.
  1. First and foremost, how do keep the droid from going into sleep mode when i have only been inactive a few second?
  2. How do I text? I am one of the last hld outs and I have never sent a txt message. Not even sure what screen to go to.
  3. How do I add other e-mail accounts. I was able to add a yahoo account but not the account that we has associated with yahoo but ending is our personal ____.com address.
  4. How do I set the notification screen to tell/alarm me when I have a new e-mail, voice message etc without haveing to open the droid and pull it up. The store has a screen for footbal and news. Can I get rid of that and put the notification screen there?

1. Download the app Screebl from the Market.

2. Go to your contacts, pick one out and an option of what to do with them should pop up. That's just one of the many ways to text.

3. Sorry, Can't help you with Yahoo. Others might be able to.

4. When you get a voicemail the light should flash and on your pull down screen you can see you have a voice mail. Just click on that.

:welcome: to the Droid Forum. There is a very steep learning curve to this phone but once you get it, you've got it! Be patient, go to our faq's and read those. Lots of good info available here. Good luck. :)

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Welcome, smummert! You'll find this to be a very friendly place full of great people and information! Just check out the links in my signature and you’ll get some really good advice that may take the edge off the learning curve. Hope you enjoy your time here!

:welcome:

Shusuke028

Reaction score

Hey suzanne welcome to the Droid Community, and dsince your questions have already been answered, I'll just skip past those :). Although i'm new to the Droid community, I've had other Android devices, so feel free to ask me if you're having any problems with ur device
dancedroid​