New Member with Droid X charging issue

Gumby x

Reaction score
Hi. i am new to this forum. Got a Droid x last month. Charges fine with a home charger. Problem is with the Verizon branded car dock and charger which acts strange. starts charging for a few seconds and then stops,displays a message saying " Disconnected.Unplug your charger from the outlet to conserve energy". Returned the dock twice to Verizon store to get a new one, still the same. Verizon store people have no clue. Called for help via phone support, told hardware problem and sent me a replacement phone,which of course displayed the same message, so i returned it. Is it a software bug or some setting in the phone that i am missing? Can anybody help?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sorry you are having issues with the car accessories. I'm moving your post the the X technical issues section to see if someone there may be able to help.

Mike

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Well the message you are seeing is the default message the phone displays when disconnected from its power source. Sounds like your dock is just losing connection with your phone. Do you have a case on it?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
It sounds like the connection is maybe vibrating lose or is not fully connecting...as the previous poster asked, is the X in some type of silicone skin or case that might be causing the connection to not be tight...it could also be the issue is not with the dock but in the charging port of the phone is your X is naked in the dock...

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
as SGT stated, if the device is in a case it could be the cause.

Garnold

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue and it's not the dock. If I connect my Droid X to a charger that is not made for a Droid it will do exactly what you said. Now I have another cigerate to USB charger that I plug my Droid USB cable into and it works just fine. Took this all into the Verizon shop and showed them. They could not figure it out and their tech said that as long as I see the bolt I'm ok. I thought I might have messed something up by using another charger but they said no. Not really an answer to your problem but at least you are not alone.

ariadri

Reaction score
replace your charger, I had ordered a universal usb charger the problem was solved in my case

Last edited:
OP
G

Gumby x

Reaction score
The device is not in any silicon or case. I changed the dock twice and the phone once. Also tried in different cars and with different chargers(Verizon and non verizon brand. There is no loose connection, this was checked by an in store verizon tech guy.

OP
G

Gumby x

Reaction score
You mean the car dock charger? As i said earlier ,replaced it twice. I do not have a problem with charging with home phone charger

OP
G

Gumby x

Reaction score
No case on it, with case it dosent fit well in the dock.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Any weird apps you are using?

OP
G

Gumby x

Reaction score
Thanks for responding. At least i am not the only one with this problem. I aslo tried a non Verizon Motorola endorsed car charger ( Cigarette to mini usb). Gives the same message !!

OP
G

Gumby x

Reaction score
I have a few productivity apps from the market. They all are popular apps for organizing widgets and using camera as scanner.

OP
G

Gumby x

Reaction score
replace your charger, I had ordered a universal usb charger the problem was solved in my case

I'm having the same issue and it's not the dock. If I connect my Droid X to a charger that is not made for a Droid it will do exactly what you said. Now I have another cigerate to USB charger that I plug my Droid USB cable into and it works just fine. Took this all into the Verizon shop and showed them. They could not figure it out and their tech said that as long as I see the bolt I'm ok. I thought I might have messed something up by using another charger but they said no. Not really an answer to your problem but at least you are not alone.

Do you mean use my home charger usb cable and attach to regular usb on the cigarette charger?