New member, just nwanna say hi and ask about Verizon seminars

Xpain

Reaction score
New member, just wanna say hi and ask about Verizon seminars

Hi, been reading since November but I've just decided to sign up a minute ago... (like many others have).
And since I now can post, just wanted to ask. Has anyone been in one of those Verizon seminars, where they teach to use the Droid?? LMAO, don't get me wrong, good looking out Verizon, but I should've known better. The room was full of older people that were totally clueless. I haven't felt so out of place in my life... lol I kinda expected that, but I don't know, maybe not in that scale. I was the youngest one BY FAR. The reason I signed up for it was because I was expecting freebies, even if it was just some stickers, but all I got was a lousy list of what they called "essential apps"... which I already had about 90% of them installed. I learned one small thing that I didn't know about my Droid, and believe it or not I don't even remember it. And, I hate to say it, but I knew more about the device than the 3 Verizon reps together (thanks to this site I may add). I wanted to walk out, but the lady who sat next to me wasn't bad looking at all, and she needed my help... lol. The guy behind me was a member of this site, so that was pretty cool.

To the atendee who was also a member of this site, If you read this, I'm the dude with the pony tail!! lol What's up with the lady next to me showing half her boobs!! lol

edit: darn, no way to edit the thread title??

Last edited:

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome:
Yeah, those seminars are generally a waste of time... You would have, IMHO been better served spending that time here...

To edit the thread title click "advanced" when editing your post, that will alter the view and you will be able to edit the title.

OH, and if they told you any sort of 'task killer' is a necessity they are full of SH!^ and there's at least one (Advanced Task Killer, ATK) that is KNOWN to cause a lot of issues. Remove it if you have it installed (there's also a Sticky in the general discussion area about this topic if you're interested).

Last edited:
OP
Xpain

Xpain

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips!! And yes, they did recommend ATK... lol

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
:rofl3:... they're too used to WM phones...
Here you go for your info:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-not-worry-about-apps-running-background.html
But granted there will be time when you may need/want on. Advanced Task Manager is good. Also if you use Home++ it has one included in the bottom tool-bar. And finally there is a GREAT browser replacement (xScope) that has one built in as well (but is only functional in the paid version).