New Member Intro

Bremen

Reaction score
Greetings and Salutations,

My handle on the web has been Bremen ever since I read my first Terry Brooks novel. I am a 29 year old male from VA that is relatively new to the Android world. I have gone from "el chepo" phones to blackberrys to the iPhone before finally resting on a Droid 4. While I am moderately tech savvy some of this stuff is confusing to me.

I am really interested In getting one of these custom roms like CM installed on my phone. Hopefully I can find everything here that I am looking for.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome aboard :)

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome aboard.. Glad you joined us.. Jump in and read up we have plenty good info here..

《Take Note2 BK's here..》

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Welcome to the forum!

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome. I have pretty much done nothing but read up on flashing roms to my phone for the past few days and i must admit i am more confused then when i started....

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum! Congrats on the D4...

There is always a bit of confusion before the ah-ha moment ;)...just feel comfortable before you jump in and ask questions as ya have them.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
Well, I am at the point where I am most confused. I have my phone rooted, and I have safe strap 3.4 installed and up on my phone. I am at the point where i need to flash a rom and that is where i am the most confused. Ive seen CM10 and I really like a lot of the features but I am unsure on how to actually install this thing. I have found a download page with a build for my phone, but there are so many different things to click on that I'm really not sure what to download. then once I download it how to get it on my phone.

http://goo.im/devs/hashcode/maserati/

Last edited:

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Link the page here and we can help you through it...

How about the OP for the CM10 thread? Does it tell you what to install? If not I would just go with the latest.

Last edited:
OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
i forgot to post the link but i have edited my post.

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
to be honest.... I really have no idea what Im looking at with these.

CM was mentioned in another forum that I visit and I started looking into it. Once I saw the demo and some of the feature that CM offers (like free wifi tethering) i knew I had to have it as I like playing with cool stuff like that.

I have spent the past several days trying to learn all I can. As soon as I started seeing all of these different roms is the point that I got really confused.

Is there a better rom out there for my device? If there is do I need to do something different to my phone (i.e. get rid of safe strap)?

OP
Bremen

Bremen

Reaction score
UPDATE:

I was able to get Eclipse loaded onto my phone last night.

one questions I do have is how easy is it to delete a rom and try loading another one?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! :)

In my opinion it is not difficult to switch between ROMs. Typically you need to do a factory reset/data wipe and then install the new ROM. I am not completely familiar with the exact procedures for your phone so you will need to consult your phone's section for more information.