New Member in Virginia

longspur

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just got a Droid 2 Global (Verizon). Replaced a Samsung Glyde which was really bad. The touch screen failed after the first year, and no offer from Verizon or Samsung to make a deal on a replacement so I have been working around it till my 2 year contract was up. This is my first experience with a smart phone, and so far, I like the features, although I can never see myself watching a full length movie or TV shows on it, and I am too old for music videos, so prolly they will lose money on me. I must say that using the phone is more intuitive than any other phone I have. I've heard the the battery life is short, and this I am finding is true, lasted barely 8 hours with moderate use. Yes, I got the "Juice" app and it is helping, but only slightly in my opinion. There is no technical reason why they can't give you the option to purchase a longer life battery when you contract for the phone. Its just a lack of customer care, period. So, I'm looking forward to cruising the forums and see what I can get this baby to do. P.S. I am a Sudoku nut and I am having fun with the free Genina Sudodu app right now.

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. juicedefender can be set to ur custom abilities. im getting avg of 15-22 hours b4 charging. that's with moderate usage, email web browsing etc.
there is an extended battery which does give it longer life. u can also check Motorola website too

Aloha from Hawaii

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome - glad you found us! Be sure to check out the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid, and then head over to the separate section devoted entirely to the D2. Tons of info and plenty of people willing to help.

Jump in, get involved, don't hesitate to ask questions, and join in the fun! :)

tappin like a mutha

mr_silent

Reaction score
Check out the "Droid Hacks" section on this forum. The droid 2 is able to be overclocked to increase processor speed, and you can get a new kernel for it that overclocks and requires less voltage. I have the Droid 1 overclocked to 1.25 ghz on less power than stock! Actually, I think its safe to say that my phone performs twice as good on half the battery. If this too technical for you than I suggest that you ignore my suggestion as there are many risks involved in overclocking and flashing new kernels.
However if you know your way around a pc, and are willing to learn, I think you may find this topic very interesting.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App