New member in Cali

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score
You are cracking me up!! Not just nuts, but bananas too! :icon_ banana:

This is obviously the best time to be on, if you are all here with that kinda attitude!

There have been so many replies since I was on, that I will have to work to catch up! Thank you for all the welcomes, I really appreciate it! :heart:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Those guys are crazy!! ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score
Which, by the way, I'm loving the suggestions and links/info that everyone has given in a post or has written in their signatures! I feel like I have barely scratched the surface here... time to go digging for treasure, seriously!:icon_eek:

To be honest, the reason why I went for the Droid was that my phone company in JP was starting to offer them as well... and I wanted to try it out in English first. I know that Droid allows you to view Japanese fonts... but I am a bit disappointed by the IME that I found to type in Japanese. Guess that is a discussion for another thread.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Oh, once you start digging it's amazing, and the fun only doubles when you root and start pushing your phone to the max. If you root, of course.

(Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies. Soon in Gingerbread flavor!)

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score
Oh, once you start digging it's amazing, and the fun only doubles when you root and start pushing your phone to the max. If you root, of course.

(Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies. Soon in Gingerbread flavor!)

Tempting... very tempting!:p
I definitely need to look into rooting my phone. I have heard so many things about what you can do once you root it, and my cuz's husband (who works for Google) recommends it.... but I may hold out for those gingerbread cookies.:happy:

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Well, rooting is a choice you make for yourself. But I will say that if you're going to do it, do it soon. When Gingerbread hits OTA on the D2 (and it will), you might not be able to root. Every time an update hits, plugging the holes is priority number 1.

Canadroid

Reaction score
furbearingmammal said:
Well, rooting is a choice you make for yourself. But I will say that if you're going to do it, do it soon. When Gingerbread hits OTA on the D2 (and it will), you might not be able to root. Every time an update hits, plugging the holes is priority number 1.

In my uneducated opinion it would be foolish of the powers that be to close the root exploit window on D2 devices, considering the steam Android has right now....

Then again we're talking about Corporations here... :icon_evil:

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score
You can see how un-informed I am by my response.:blush:
Hmmm well, I won't lose anything by trying it out... Guess its time to do deeper research. Besides... gotta ask my Google insider if he has heard any rumors.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmm well, I won't lose anything by trying it out... Guess its time to do deeper research. Besides... gotta ask my Google insider if he has heard any rumors.

Google insider insight is always welcome

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Canadroid

Reaction score

A Deep Throat contact at Google?

You'd better keep that asset close to your chest or your PM box here is going to implode and down a small country's internetz somewhere!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I totally wanna pick his brain... but I would feel really horrible and dirty afterward.:blink:
You should see my Droid Forums App signature. :D

"This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain."

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score

A Deep Throat contact at Google?

You'd better keep that asset close to your chest or your PM box here is going to implode and down a small country's internetz somewhere!

Hahahaaa maybe. But who is gonna believe that I have any influence over the guy anyways? To get anything out of him, I will have to find some sort of weakness. Hmm...

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score
I totally wanna pick his brain... but I would feel really horrible and dirty afterward.:blink:
You should see my Droid Forums App signature. :D

"This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain."

Oooh... you are NOT making me feel any better about this! :tongue:

Canadroid

Reaction score
Hahahaaa maybe. But who is gonna believe that I have any influence over the guy anyways? To get anything out of him, I will have to find some sort of weakness. Hmm...

Haha, you may be new, but I'm sure everyone here has full faith in your abilities.

(Use ---> :pint::pint::pint:)