New member in Cali

shugar

Reaction score
Hey all!

After 6 or 7 years with the same old phone, I finally decided to upgrade (in Sept '10), and found that the Droid 2 was on the market. Since getting the phone, I have done practically nothing with it aside from downloading a few apps.

I found that I have a bit more time these days to research my phone, and so far I have found the forums here very helpful. I don't have many questions that haven't already been answered... so I guess I will just ask those users who are currently lurking around which app they have found useful or most interesting... or which to avoid.

Thanks in advance for any responses! よろしくね!:greendroid:

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome! More and more D2 troops coming in this week, gotta love it! dancedroid
Avoid: You probably know this, but avoid Task Killers of any kind.

Personal Favs:
Appbrain app Market
Dropbox
WIFI Analyzer
Rare Black Wallpapers
Instant Heart Rate Calc

OP
shugar

shugar

Reaction score
>> Canadroid
Thanks for the quick suggestions! I will definitely check them out.

You know, I did see all the posts about Task Killers, but the weird thing was that it was one of the first apps suggested to me by the Verizon salesperson....

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.
It seems that you have already found how helpful and knowledgable our members are.
Enjoy your stay with us. :)

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Good to have you with us. Check out the entire Droid 2 sectio in the Forum. You find quit a bit of very helpful information there for you phone.

Mike

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Forum - glad you joined us

Canadroid

Reaction score
You know, I did see all the posts about Task Killers, but the weird thing was that it was one of the first apps suggested to me by the Verizon salesperson....

I believe you. That sort of thing going on is the source of much gnashing of teeth and /facepalming by the veterans around these parts.

Hopefully as time goes on, more Reps will get with the program. You wouldn't even believe what my rep was telling me to get about doing as soon as I got my D2 unboxed....lol.

In any case, take everything the VZW folks told you app-wise with a grain of salt. They are not the experts.

Right guys? :D

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

I believe you. That sort of thing going on is the source of much gnashing of teeth and /facepalming by the veterans around these parts.

Hopefully as time goes on, more Reps will get with the program. You wouldn't even believe what my rep was telling me to get about doing as soon as I got my D2 unboxed....lol.

In any case, take everything the VZW folks told you app-wise with a grain of salt. They are not the experts.

WE ARE THE EXPERTS!!

But yeah welcome to the forums, as you can see there's a wealth of information here. Enjoy yourself.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Except for me! ;)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums app (free in market)