New Member Here!

hardwareJunky

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am obviously a new guy to the forum but not at all new to Android. I have been a user since the original galaxy s and am still going strong. I do like to swap phones often and try to use the latest and greatest hardware. I do not know much about the software side of things however. I am new to rooting. over summer time I rooted my note 2 and had a lot of fun with it and the rooted apps. I did not have a pc. at the time so I did not attempt any flashing of Roms. or kernels. I still do not have a over so that is something to keep in MInd as I ask my first question here. I recently picked up a HTC thunderbolt with the intention of using it to play with and learn some things about the mods I can make to a phone. it was already rooted when I bought it. it has Android 2.3 and is running das bamf. it has surprise installed. I have been doing research online all night and can not find the answer as to how to overclock this thing! I do not know how to find out what version of das bamf j am running, I cannot find das bamf. toolbox anywhere, and I have no idea how to use clockwork mod recovery. I made a backup. to my as card with it and I have no idea where to go from there. I downloaded setcpu and a few other different CPU control apps and nothing will let me go above 1024MHz. does anyone have any advice for me? or know how I can fix these issues to get this phone overclocked a bit?

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Welcome aboard!

I do not have any answers on the TBolt for you, I was never that familiar with the phone and its dev activity but I am sure someone will have some suggestions for you!

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
Welcome to the forum...I'm sure someone will chime in with some info...You can hit up this forum area and if needed start a thread there as well..

HTC ThunderBolt