New Member Here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by hardwareJunky, Oct 21, 2013.

1. hardwareJunky

hardwareJunky New Member

Hello everyone! I am obviously a new guy to the forum but not at all new to Android. I have been a user since the original galaxy s and am still going strong. I do like to swap phones often and try to use the latest and greatest hardware. I do not know much about the software side of things however. I am new to rooting. over summer time I rooted my note 2 and had a lot of fun with it and the rooted apps. I did not have a pc. at the time so I did not attempt any flashing of Roms. or kernels. I still do not have a over so that is something to keep in MInd as I ask my first question here. I recently picked up a HTC thunderbolt with the intention of using it to play with and learn some things about the mods I can make to a phone. it was already rooted when I bought it. it has Android 2.3 and is running das bamf. it has surprise installed. I have been doing research online all night and can not find the answer as to how to overclock this thing! I do not know how to find out what version of das bamf j am running, I cannot find das bamf. toolbox anywhere, and I have no idea how to use clockwork mod recovery. I made a backup. to my as card with it and I have no idea where to go from there. I downloaded setcpu and a few other different CPU control apps and nothing will let me go above 1024MHz. does anyone have any advice for me? or know how I can fix these issues to get this phone overclocked a bit?
  2. smalltowngirl13

smalltowngirl13 DF Administrator Staff Member

Welcome aboard!

I do not have any answers on the TBolt for you, I was never that familiar with the phone and its dev activity but I am sure someone will have some suggestions for you!
  3. bkdodger

bkdodger DF Super Moderator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum...I'm sure someone will chime in with some info...You can hit up this forum area and if needed start a thread there as well..

HTC ThunderBolt
  4. SFGate

SFGate New Member

Welcome to the site. DancingNexus