New Member here! Names Alex Johnson!

Pendel

Reaction score
Hey all, i figured i would finally join the droid forum world after having my Droid X for over 6 months. Hoping to learn how to Root it because im tired of the same ole theme. And I hope strike up good friends!

Canadroid

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Pendel.

All the info you need on rooting can be found here, so get diggin! Make sure you consider a plan to restore it to OEM should you run into problems customizing things, or you need to return it to the carrier down the road.

OP
P

Pendel

Reaction score
thanks, ive already gotten it rooted with z4root, and doing a bootstrap recovery as we speak so i can try to slap a cool ROM on it, im tired of the same ole theme.. Any tips as to ROMs?

Canadroid

Reaction score
thanks, ive already gotten it rooted with z4root, and doing a bootstrap recovery as we speak so i can try to slap a cool ROM on it, im tired of the same ole theme.. Any tips as to ROMs?

Not that I can give you personally, but other members here have probably tried dozens of theme changes on the Dx, check out your sub forum hacking section.

I'm running a D2 so I just rooted for a few specific apps I wanted and called it good. :pint: