New member help

mr.toddly

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new here just got my first smart phone a droid x and I'm completely overwhelmed i need info on removing bloat ware and learn about roms and basically everything a newbie needs to know before i over load my phone with useless apps and have too much running in the back ground.any help and advice is appreciated.i love swype btw!! Thanks

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. We can help you with all of that stuff but let's go one step at a time. To get rid of bloat you're going to have to root the phone. Lemme dig up a link for you.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! as you can tell, lots of people willing to help and share info - and there's tons of it to share!! browse around the Droid Discussions section (for all things droid), and then you might want to check out the DX subsection - devoted entirely to the DX, with several subforums.

browse around, stick around, and join in the fun!! :)

OP
M

mr.toddly

Reaction score
I'll check that out but I am a total beginner on a smart phone am I ready to root? And if I mess up is it going to brick my phone? I see a lot of things running and really want to start by only having what is necessary and learn as I go to have a smooth easy too use phone

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Rooting shouldn't do any damage to the phone. Its more what you do after you root that can cause damage, but that doesn't mean its impossible to screw something up. That being said 99% of the time we will be able to rescue you if you do encounter issues.

However if you don't feel comfortable rooting, by all means don't.

Oh and as far as extra things running in the background that's not really anything to worry about. The os has processes by which it decides what it needs to have available at a moments notice and that's why things run when you aren't using them.

monze

Reaction score
imobster game

Hi All, I am new and own a Motorola Droid...I am looking for some input/help. I have the imobster game i downloaded on my droid. a couple of days ago the imobster site said they were getting ready for "maintenance" and to pardon the inconvience. Since then my imobster hasn't worked. Is any droid owners that play imobster having any issues with theirs and we or what can i do to fix this. love playing my game and would appreciate any assist?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Sorry for the confusion but this kind of question needs to be posted in its own thread preferably in the apps section.