New Member..Help with Liquid or ANY update for my Droid2 Global

aedmondson99

Reaction score
I am not very tech savvy. I have the droid2 Global.. I want to do this new liquid update? Or even the Gingerbread one But it says it is not supported by my phone is there anyway you can help me with this? Anytime of update help would be greatly appreciated
Thank you
Angela

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to the forum! Make sire to stick around a while!

And like princess asked we will need to know the root status of your phone.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
aedmondson99

aedmondson99

Reaction score
ALOHA welcome to the forum. is ur device rooted?

Thank you for respond!! I don't think it is.. is that something you can help me with sorry if I am a pain in butt!! I had the droid2 before and it was a much better phone that this droid2 global but this is the vzw sent me! Anyways can you help me root it?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
have u received the GB update yet? if u havent, head over to the D2 section and u can use z4 still. very easy and doesnt take that long. if not, mpm me i will try to assist u. actually the Global never did give me any problems at all and i still use it for personal use.

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
If you want liquid you have to be on the GB update (follow this thread). As for unsupported, are you downloading the zip on your phone or computer? If on your phone then you need to download "download all files" from the market and then you will be able to download it. For root, use the Droid 3 root (found here).

To install the GB update follow these instructions:
  1. download the zip from the first link
  2. rename it to update.zip and place it on the root of your sdcard
  3. boot into recovery by holding X while turning the phone on
  4. press the search button when it gets to the triangle
  5. use the volume down key to get to the "apply sdcard:update.zip" then press the camera key
  6. go to yes, press camera to accept
  7. when that is done you will go back to the menu, press the camera key on reboot
After your on the GB update you will need to root using the second link. Follow the instructions in that thread, your device will reboot several times while it is running the root exploit.

When that is done, install the Droid 2 Bootstrap (download from here or in the market if you would like to donate to Koush). From there follow the instructions in the Liquid release thread.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Wow that was a very informative answer/post. Thanks 13th angel!

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a pulse on the community!

Thanks 13thangel.

Sent from my A855, while on the move.