1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

New member hello

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by need2know, Apr 17, 2010.

1. need2know

need2know New Member

I've had my Droid for about a month now; my first smart phone. I'm a software developer myself so have high expectations what I want out of the phone and the apps. Am beginning to get a feel for my likes and dislikes of it.
    1) Almost-everywhere internet connectivity
    2) Great apps, especially Pandora!
    Dislikes:
    1) Notifications ring once, vibrate 1-2 times. If I miss it I can go for hours not knowing I have a message. Happening a lot. I need a longer ring+vibrate.
    2) As a phone it is poor. Lots of complaints on the quality of the connection from others (I never had Verizon before, is that it? I am in a big metropolitan suburb, should have excellent coverage). The speakerphone is essentially unusable - garbled, cuts out, *any* background noise messes it up.
  2. need2know

need2know New Member

One more like ...

One more like: the voice recognition - for URLs, google searches, voice dialing - is *incredible*!
  3. droidman101

droidman101 New Member

Some of the problems you have are fixed with rooting and installing a custom rom, but i suggest you wait a coupla weeks before doing that and make sure you read up on it before doing it
    Edit: as for call quality, you might need to update your baseband, but i suggest you root before doing it