New member, frequent visitor

DTKempII

Reaction score
I figured I'd been coming to this forum for answers so much, I may as well join!

My Wife had been carrying the original Motorola Droid for a while...but it had the infamous disappearing video/auto-mute issue that Verizon refused to acknowledge...until I read a post from here in the middle of the store. They upgraded her to the HTC Incredible as soon as they received their shipment. She loved the phone, except that she wanted a physical keyboard, so we later upgraded her to a Droid 2.

I used her Incredible, not activated and, therefore, only on Wifi, to play and learn about Android's abilities and available apps, as I was trying to decide whether to make my next phone an iPhone when it comes to Verizon or Android-based. At the end of the year my mind was made up when I received my Droid X as a gift from my Wife.

Except for the battery life, I love this thing! I'm not considering any level of rooting at this point...just using the heck out of it, finding out what it can do for me. I haven't tried using it along with my profession yet. As an IT Manager and Systems Admin, I'll bet it could be very useful. The closest I've come is to use tools for monitoring WIFI (WIFI Analyzer) and manage our FiOS DVR's.

With my Droid X I have and use the Windshield Mount in the car and Google Navigation. I also have the HDMI/Charger mount...and have installed and used the RealHDMI app.

I'm sure I'll learn more uses for this and future phones here!

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome - glad you decided to come aboard! as you've probably discovered from your lurking, we have the Droid Discussions section for all things Droid, as well as separate sections, with subforums, devoted entirely to the DX, D2, and Inc. browse around, post around, stick around and join in the fun. :)