New Member, First-Time Android Owner

joseph.ferris

Reaction score
Greetings, everyone.

About a week ago, made the switch to Android for my personal phone by getting a nice shiny Droid 2. For personal phones, I normally had been using some sort of WinMo phone, most recently being an Omnia (seems to be common amongst a lot of Droid owners).

So far, have rooted the phone and removed the Verizon crapware. Considering giving up my Zune HD and consolidating to one device - so far, liking Meridian for a player over the horrible stock player. By day, I am a software architect in the Microsoft .NET world. As such, I've put in a request to beta test MonoDroid. Been thinking about a few ideas that I might like to develop, but nothing firm as of yet.

Seems like this is a great community, so far. I plan on being an Android user for a long time to come - despite the fact my work phone is a Blackberry Bold. ;-)

Cheers,

Joseph

Last edited:

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum, and Android...as it seems you have already noticed, Android is a step above the rest :)

Jmart922

Reaction score
Welcome joseph, the android community offers great support and new experiences for android users, its great to have you

crspang

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I sold my zune and my garmin shortly after buying my D1. Best buying decision I've ever made. lol I usually have buyer's remorse after purchasing big ticket items, but not this time.