New member asking a basic question

geoart1

Reaction score
Hi All, I am a new member with a question about new text messages that are continually concatenated to previous text messages to the same person. I would occasionally like to start a new text message string but when I start a new message string my Droid X adds everything I previously texted to that person. Is there a way to start a clean new text message?

Thanks,
geoart1

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid Forums. Simply delete the previous thread and you'll start a new one. While the thread is showing on your phone press the menu button and delete the thread.

OP
G

geoart1

Reaction score
Thank you Hookbill. That was easy. Another question: How do I save a text message string that contains important information and then start a new text message string that has nothing to do with the last text message string?

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
welcome to the forum!! :)

if you long press on the message that has the info you want to save, it will give you several options.

Goodlefeed

Reaction score
You can also limit the number of messages that appear, and it will delete old messages automatically. If you want to save a message you probably have to copy it and paste it into an app like AK Notepad.

Other than that, welcome to the forum!

OP
G

geoart1

Reaction score
New Member Asking a Question

Thank you all. Great solutions. This forum is what I had hoped it would be. Thanks again.
Geoart1
New Member and Happy about that.