New member and I already have a question

Mark46

Reaction score
Hi folks.
Got my first smartphone a week ago, Droid Razr Maxx, and really enjoy it. I have one minor issue which perplexes both me and the salesperson who sold me the phone. In one room of my apartment I get an unwanted chimes every 5-10 minutes on my phone which seems to have no purpose. No email, no notifications, no voice mail, no updates--there simply is no reason for the chimes. When I leave that room it never happens. In that room I have my desktop computer, router, base for three cordless phones and my Comcast modem. I've turned off each, one at a time and I still get the chimes. As soon as I leave the room the chimes disappear. My phone seems to work fine both in and out of the room, no problems connecting to wi-fi or with calls. I know this sounds like something from Stephen King but does anyone have any thoughts on the cause.

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
:welcome: to the forum. Wish I could help you, but someone should be along to offer some advice.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! And that is a strange one, not too sure what would be doing something like that honestly.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Is the chime the same as your default notification tone, or something random?

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

OP
M

Mark46

Reaction score
Not the notification

Is the chime the same as your default notification tone, or something random?

Not the same. About 4 notes with a tinny sound.

WallyIAm

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Not the same. About 4 notes with a tinny sound.

That's strange. We have a wireless doorbell in our office, and every once in a while it picks up RF interference and chirps 4 or 5 times. It sounds nothing like the doorbell tone. Maybe the speaker on your phone is picking up RF interference from your cordless phone base? Did you completely turn the base off, or just the handset?

OP
M

Mark46

Reaction score
That's strange. We have a wireless doorbell in our office, and every once in a while it picks up RF interference and chirps 4 or 5 times. It sounds nothing like the doorbell tone. Maybe the speaker on your phone is picking up RF interference from your cordless phone base? Did you completely turn the base off, or just the handset?

I disconnected the power entirely so it was off. I do live in an apartment complex so I suppose it's possible I'm picking up something through the walls which are immediately above or below that one room.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Hello and welcome to the forum!

How odd and I hope you get it figured out :)...