New Marketplace?

TheGoodKid

Reaction score
Can someone post a screenshot of the "new" marketplace. I'm not sure if I have it or not. Thanks.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha ^ This is true.

I liked it at first.. but lately it's just been.. bleh, to me.

alienware777

Reaction score
Personally I like how it looks, but it loads way to slow.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Big Ry

Reaction score
Its a clusterfluck of images...I freakin hate it

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

alienware777

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about it. Am I the only one who sees the resemblance to Windows Phone 7?

Phone manufacturers copy what they think look good. Like the samsung/apple cause. Google thought WP7 was sexy and implemented it.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I am aware, but I found it a bit surprising that the browse screens and home market screen look so much like WP7. Touchwiz resembling iOS, I can understand given the success of iOS, but to copy WP7 given its lack luster sales. Its the resemblace to WP7 I don't like. However, I really like the new details screen. Moving screnshots to the top of the details page was the best thing to happen to the market imo.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

1611kjb

Reaction score
As far as the New market goes, it is what it is. I don't like it and I imagine shortly it will change because few users do - it's just advertising and marketing garbage and not a useful tool. People will abandon it soon, just need someone to write a better app. However, while we wait. I need answers to three questions. The first is really dumb, but I can't find an answer anywhere. When you "search" in market, you get something that says "252" results. The screen shows the first 10. How do you get to the following pages? You can't flick, scroll or page up or down - how do you see the rest of the apps? Question #2: is there a way to filter the sort of search you want? Like many other users, I don't use Market to find books and movies, I use it to find Apps. How do you, or can you, set up a filter to only show apps? I notice there are little icons that appear on the right showing whether it is an app or from a more "worldly" population (I assume that's why it has the globe", but I can't find the setting to limit it's search range. Question #3, last question, is there a way to do exact match and/or wildcard searches? I was trying to find the Amazon.com App Store and I get hundreds of results that don't have those three words in them, so I know it isn't doing an exact match by default. Because of question #1, I can't even seem to page through the results to find the app because I can't get past the first page.

randizzard

Reaction score
U actually have to press the bar that says Apps, books, or movies

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Natey2

Reaction score
And what's the deal with the new market requiring a Title for every review you enter? Then, the title becomes part of the review body, and you have to enter another title if you update the review :(
Wish I could downgrade to the previous Market app.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.