New market appears on phone today

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
Yeah sounds like airpush. It stealth installed when I downloaded some torrent mp3 downloader off Android Market. First time I got a notification asking me to update the Android Market... Which I almost did!!! That would have cost me 10 bucks a month for who knows how long! Thank god I didn't.

NOTE: Airpush shows up in the notification bar, but if you tap on it in the pull down you'll get a large pop up window in the middle of the screen urging you to download something (Android Market, or something else).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Yep... prime example as to why you don't download apps like that! ;)

It may not even be from a new install. It could be from an app that updated. I know I have seen airpush notifications trying to get me to install that same new market. I checked using Addons Detector and found a live wallpaper I had installed that had updated to include airpush. That was immediately uninstalled.

Could be, but I say most likely just a new install.

Listen to what Wrappio will do for $9.95/mo.

[h=2]GET THE LATEST APP UPDATES!
[/h][h=3]On Your Mobile Phone! $9.99 a month[/h]Wrappio is a revolutionary service that provides custom recommendations on new mobile apps! By subscribing to Wrappio you will receive weekly alerts with suggested applications to download. Additionally, you can text apps that you like to Wrappio to receive customized suggestions on downloads that are similar. As a subscriber, you can request upto 100 suggestions per month and 1 alert per week. The charge is $9.99/month.

That all it does....recommends? I can get that for free on this site!

Dude... sign me up! I'm sold! :biggrin: I get all that for only 10 bucks a month? Rofl!

Sent from the best phone on Verizon!

OP
rdgxray

rdgxray

Reaction score
Installed addon detector and air push detector. Addon saw anything with ads even though most are the paid versions...angry birds etc....air push only showed gps fix...I unstalled it even though I believe it is harmless...had it for a year at least...must have been one of the apps I uninstalled before I ran the air push checkers. I have AVG installed now, hopefully that prevents future problems.

OP
rdgxray

rdgxray

Reaction score
I just updated channels pro....I think that may be culprit...not sure though....

Lil4cyl

Reaction score
Must......stay........away........from......pRoN.......

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums