New market apk wont install

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use one of the zips here for the new market: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/te...05022-who-going-re-revisited-vending-apk.html Install manually in clockwork recovery right over the rom. Make a backup first just incase. I have only tried the darkside.zip, but it works perfectly on 2.0 and 2.0.2. Do not use rom manger to install this.
What's the issue with using RM to install these?

I am not sure if there is an issue with rom manager, I just thought the previous posters were have problems with it. If it works go ahead. I personally find rom manager to be a little buggy sometimes and prefer to install things manually through booting into clockwork recovery, and using the recovery menu items.

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am not sure if there is an issue with rom manager, I just thought the previous posters were have problems with it. If it works go ahead. I personally find rom manager to be a little buggy sometimes and prefer to install things manually through booting into clockwork recovery, and using the recovery menu items.
Yeah I usually do too, but I thought I would give RM a try for a little bit to see how things go and if I would like it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
RM is a good innovation, just beware that weird things can happen with it sometimes, at least that is my experience.

jimholcomb

Reaction score
Hey I had this problem too... over in the comments at droid-life.com, gonzo said to go to @tony319 on twitter to get the new market in zip file. Works on both sapphire 1.1.0 and 2.0

Twitter
mediafire link on his twitter: Vending-2.2.6-signed-testkeys.update.zip

This one doesn't work for me either. I"ve upgraded to 2.02 but maybe this is a problem with sprecovery?

Jim

Hmm that's possible. I used Rom Manager with CWM 2.5.0.1

I installed ROM Manager and the Market app installs just fine with it, I guess the problem is with SPR.

Jim

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I guess rm can be useful :) sorry guys. So install new market through rom manager or clockwork (backup first). Not spr.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

ukyfan

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I guess rm can be useful :) sorry guys. So install new market through rom manager or clockwork (backup first). Not spr.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Laugh... I installed Darkside though RM last night, and it worked perfectly. But I do agree that there are issues from time to time with RM. The other day I couldn't restore an image because of an MD5 error. Had to restore an older image and go from there.

pdroid

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for asking...but what are the benefits of the new market app? I guess I don't use the app that much, so I've not been inclined to try to update it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea I think it's just a look's thing, different interface. Just as good as the old market in terms as functionality I believe.

kevev99

Reaction score
So I finally got the new Market to install. Specifically 2.2.6 in blue from the links that Stelv provided. Still don't know why I had such difficulty. Bizarre!

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I finally got the new Market to install. Specifically 2.2.6 in blue from the links that Stelv provided. Still don't know why I had such difficulty. Bizarre!

Well I am glad it is working for you :)

jwd45244

Reaction score