new maps update sucks

techguru

Reaction score
I have the issue on my Rezound, and also have the poor battery, overheating, and need to manually mount the SD card since the ICS update. My co-worker has a newer Rezound, has none of these issues, and mpas works perfectly for her, so the problems seem to be interlinked.

Alan

OP
W

wolf102

Reaction score
I hope google fixes this soon.I use maps a lot because of my job.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I hope google fixes this soon.I use maps a lot because of my job.

Go into settings, apps, Maps....then uninstall updates. This will bring you back to the original working version. If you want the latest before this botched one do a search for Google Maps 6.9.2 APK and you will find many links. I do it straight from my phone browser. I rely on maps too...a LOT being a real estate agent.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Find it in the play store and uncheck automatic updates.

OP
W

wolf102

Reaction score
svdroiddude said:
Go into settings, apps, Maps....then uninstall updates. This will bring you back to the original working version. If you want the latest before this botched one do a search for Google Maps 6.9.2 APK and you will find many links. I do it straight from my phone browser. I rely on maps too...a LOT being a real estate agent.

Thanks

Islander53

Reaction score
I spoke with a Google rep this morning regarding the reboot issue. They will be looking into the issue. I'm not sure how many other Rezound owners have called but suggest that anyone having issue with the new Google map update contact Google so that it can make them aware of system wide problem.

gerrya

Reaction score
I spoke with a Google rep this morning regarding the reboot issue. They will be looking into the issue. I'm not sure how many other Rezound owners have called but suggest that anyone having issue with the new Google map update contact Google so that it can make them aware of system wide problem.
How do you contact Google besides posting on there forums?

Islander53

Reaction score
How do you contact Google besides posting on there forums?
Go to Google Play Store, click Menu button on phone, click Help which opens up your browser, click on Contact Us which brings up another page, enter your name, country, phone number, describe the issue, and click call me. When I did it this morning about 10:15AM (EST), I received a call immediately from a Google rep based in Utah.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Islander53 said:
Go to Google Play Store, click Menu button on phone, click Help which opens up your browser, click on Contact Us which brings up another page, enter your name, country, phone number, describe the issue, and click call me. When I did it this morning about 10:15AM (EST), I received a call immediately from a Google rep based in Utah.

Utah? A small town north of New Dehli?

SHAK3R

Reaction score
Felt like adding to your stats. The recent map update also made my phone reboot. I reverted back and have no problems thus far.

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums