new maps update sucks

wolf102

Reaction score
Is anyone else having problems with the new update? When I use it my phone reboots.I uninstalled the update and no more reboots.my phone is on the ota update and rooted.

Last edited:

acejavelin

Reaction score
Same here, running the official OTA ICS with only a handful of apps installed, reboots about 30 seconds after opening app... reverting back to v6.3.0 fixed it as well!

Guess I will skip this update on my other Rezound.

EDIT: Read through the reviews on Google Play and sorted by device, looks like we are not alone, dozens of people with Rezound have made the same comment to Google in the last few hours, hopefully they get it fixed soon!

Last edited:

DiskEyes

Reaction score
Same for me. App force closes and phone reboots! Ugh! Uninstalling the update seems to work.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is this a new update since ics update started pushing out?
I froze mine out right after I got the ics update because it was eating my battery like candy .

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I was just going to make this post. Reverted back and it's fine. Maps is critical for me so I cannot have it crashing. Has anyone used Waze recently? I tried it quite some time ago and it just didn't work that well...more like a cheesy game and had lots of bugs. I see the reviews now and they are quite good. Might give it a try especially for the real time user traffic feature. Also, it's good to have a backup navigation app just in case maps goes wonky.

TWC42

Reaction score
The maps update caused my Rezound to force close as soon as I selected "get directions". A real screwup on Google's part.
Update: uninstalled updates, reinstalled. Noted that downloading quit at about 60%, then it installed. Still crashes when using Maps. Wonder if partial download is part of the problem. Update works OK on our HTC Incredible 4G.

Last edited:

tannins

Reaction score
Mine hasn't crashed , but you have to go through hoops now to go from "get directions" from google search results to find "navigation"

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was just going to make this post. Reverted back and it's fine. Maps is critical for me so I cannot have it crashing. Has anyone used Waze recently? I tried it quite some time ago and it just didn't work that well...more like a cheesy game and had lots of bugs. I see the reviews now and they are quite good. Might give it a try especially for the real time user traffic feature. Also, it's good to have a backup navigation app just in case maps goes wonky.

I use GPS Essentials instead of Maps. For traffic, here in Va, we can call 511 for live updates if need be.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I have the update on my GNex and it works just fine. Maybe this is a Rezound specific issue..??

acejavelin

Reaction score
This is Rezound specific with ICS, if you are still on GB it is fine... Google is aware of it and is working on a fix, if you updated and need a quick fix, go to Settings -> Apps and find Map, then Uninstall Updates and you will be back at v6.3.0 and all will work fine. This is why I don't update a critical piece of software the minute it is released, I usually wait a couple days to make sure nothing is borked.