New Malware Targeting Custom Roms

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by nuguy, Jun 18, 2011.

1. nuguy

nuguy Member

Ratings:
    +0
  2. sonicfreak360

sonicfreak360 Member

Ratings:
    +0
  3. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Run a Custom ROM for improved performance and then install Lookout?

Look hard enough and you can find anything on the Internet. I wouldn't worry either.

4. GOBIAS Industries

GOBIAS Industries New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I always thought it to be odd that security is never mentioned on any of these custom ROM boards. And even more so that when a user brings up the issue in a very simple way there are exactly 2 responses. I think a post from Devs to reassure users what the issues are and why or (hopefully) why not there should be concern would be extremely helpful.

Thanks for all that you do and I literally can't wait until a full PE version 6. Beta version sounds too buggy and my D1 is on its last legs and I'm hoping for a smooth ROM to hold me over until I'm up for an update on 8/1.

5. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I really think you should give the beta a try. I thought the same thing for a while, my D1 was really struggling and an upgrade from VZW couldn't come soon enough. I tried the beta version about a week ago and I have been nothing less than completely satisfied. I wish I would have tried it sooner, because of all the problems I was having from PE 5.0.2 were giving me. They really have made some major improvements. I don't have the 'vibrate from death' when answering my phone calls anymore, nor do I have multiple apps closing on me when multitasking. This really is a polished version I would definitely give it a try. Why not? make a back up and get flashing!

6. GOBIAS Industries

GOBIAS Industries New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well you twisted my arm.... Glad to hear this. I was getting the vibrate from death, gmail not sending emails out for multiple days, dropped 3g, constant fc's. I tried several kernels and have since given up and have been just dealing with it. Oh and the camera and video camera are extremely unreliable. But I will give the beta a try. Every day i check and when i see that the final isn't up yet i say, eh i'll just wait a day. Going to try it out when I get home tonight. Thanks!

7. ChuckDz3

ChuckDz3 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Haha good I'm glad I did. You sound just like I did, everyday I would wake up and say the same thing, 'oh I'll just wait another day for the final release' until I got fed up with my problems and dived into the beta. I was having most of the same problems as you were and the beta did fix 95% of them. So it is definitely worth a try. You might have to play around with the kernals our there because every phone is different. My phone didn't like the stock kernal on the beta so I tried the deprimed kernal and it has been flawless. I did read that a lot of people like the corcor kernal as well so you might want to try one of these if you're still having problems. Also pete's kernals I read ran really well too.

Here's the links for deprimed and corcors...
    CorCor
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-elite/147227-project-elite-kernels.html

Deprimed
    http://www.droidforums.net/forum/cyanogenmod/127262-kernel-deprimed_test-break-if-you-can.html