New Lineup of Phones

cttooch

Reaction score
whats up everyone. Currently I don't have a droid phone but have been reading the forums and looks like I may be a droid x

I wanted to see if there are any new phones on the horizon that I should hold off and wait to get one of the new phones

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Android OS is awesome, in my opinion. Additionally, I believe one can drive ones self crazy chasing after the latest and greatest. It is almost like chasing the Holy Grail!

Here is a link http://www.droidforums.net/to DF home page. Scroll down there are several updates. Then, go to a VZW store and spend an hour playing with the phones. One will stand out for you.

Mike

Darkseider

Reaction score
The current generation of Android handsets will make anyone happy. The thing is because you are in the market for a new one this late in the year my suggestion would be to wait it out at least until the beginning of the new year. Most carriers will have released or announced the release of their "next gen" line up. These will most likely include, for Verizon anyway, LTE devices as well as hopefully dual core Cortex A9 SoCs in the handsets.

OP
C

cttooch

Reaction score
thanks so much guys. everyone on this site is so informative. i also love how the android community is so passionate about their phones

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes we are! I had an iPhone and the Droid is a superior device, in my opinion.

OP
C

cttooch

Reaction score
i have the 1st version of the iphone, wasn't that impressed with it. my company then gave me a company blackberry so i now use that. i am just missing all the bells of whistles of a really good smart phone and the droid looks like my choice.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
My staff had to support BB and for me the Android OS is the best available.