New Liberty Toolbox!

jrummy16

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I am going to try to make this fast as possible as I am leaving town in an hour so here it goes...

I have been working hard at updating Liberty Toolbox into a generic ROM Toolbox. Now it can be used on every ROM and device and it has a built in ROM Manager.

Here is how you can get your ROM, theme or cool tweaks onto the ROM Manager for everyone to see and download.

Step 1:

create an xml file with the following layout:

Code:
<roms count="2">
    <rom>
        <category>Example Category</category>
        <name>Example</name>
        <info>It only takes a few minutes to get your own rom section in the toolbox. Check out  for more info</info>
        <PhoneModel>*</PhoneModel>
        <SubFolder>example</SubFolder>
        <url>http://JRummy16.com/jrummy/hidden/nothing.zip</url>
        <md5>647bdb8828d2d7e97acfa906565987f0</md5>
        <donate>http://bit.ly/donatetome</donate>
        <screenshot>http://bit.ly/screenshot</screenshot>
        <IsDependent>false</IsDependent>
        <dependency></dependency>
    </rom>
    <rom>
        <category></category> <!-- The category it will be placed under in your view -->
        <name></name> <!-- The name above the summary -->
        <info></info> <!-- The summary about the package the user would download/install -->
        <PhoneModel></PhoneModel> <!-- The build model. Example: the droid1 is "sholes", the droidx is droidx. For all phones just put a * -->
        <SubFolder></SubFolder> <!-- The folder your zip will be downloaded to inside romtoolbox downloads -->
        <url></url> <!-- link to your zip -->
        <md5></md5> <!-- md5sum of your zip. To skip this please put a * -->
        <donate></donate> <!-- donate link that will appear when you longpress any option -->
        <screenshot></screenshot> <!-- link to a screenshot or forum post -->
        <IsDependent></IsDependent> <!-- (just leave as blank for now) if your zip depends on a license from the market (coming soon) -->
        <dependency></dependency> <!-- (just leave as blank for now) coming soon -->
    </rom>
</roms>

Step 2:

Upload your xml somewhere other than where you have to wait seconds for the download. Your server or dropbox works

Step 3:

Send me an email with the following information:

1. Your developer name
2. Summary of your work (this will appear under you name in the ROM Manager)
3. link to your file from above
4. phones you support (droidx, droid2, nexus, etc.). Note: all phones is an option

Step 4:

Have a super easy way to download and install your stuff and have others enjoy it as well

Some Notes

Right now this is only in Liberty Toolbox Pro. I will update the free version as soon as I get back from my trip (August 1st) and it's ready for release.

If rom devs would like to put liberty toolbox into there own settings menu a easy tutorial will come soon.

Thanks to everyone for an awesome Android community. Cheers.

barski

Reaction score
Downloaded about a half hour ago. Excellent work!!

mr_brady

Reaction score
I downloaded and installed this over my Liberty 0.9. Quite a big improvement.

Question: It said a patch was available for my current ROM and I installed it, but it gave no information about what the patch entailed. Any details?

Suggestion: The icons at the bottom are nice, but it doesn't seem intuitive. I think it would be better to have text under the icons, otherwise it looks like "mystery meat" navigation.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Love it. Happy to see that justice is coming for the d2 when you get back. Have a great vacation!

CM74D2

jtjj127

Reaction score
Great work as always...

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

keithwired

Reaction score
Anyone know how to unlock the interactive governor for the Droid x in the new liberty toolbox pro, I can't find a settings menu like in the previous ui

Hobn

Reaction score
I lost my yellow android boot logo, and it is not in the list of boot logos in the new toolbox. My screen stays black when I boot up. Also, I agree that the bottom navigation bar could be better. Other than that, great work!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You'll have to get the app boot logo changer or find a logo.zip with the image you want.
For the boot animation, go to manage boot animation and make sure enable is checked.

CM74D2

jsandy

Reaction score
I was watching the progress of Justice in the "Nightlies". Am I correct that I can still do so by watching ROM Manager>Justice and just watch as versions are changed?
Is there a way to preview the downloadable Fonts w/o installing them first? Thanks

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Still missing the other fonts from the old tb. I want my newspaper font :-(

MendedLogic

Reaction score
This may sound strange, lol but for some reason after I installed this I lost my app shortcut icon on my app drawer.. Or possibly I removed it with out knowing it?? But I think I would know as you have to go thru a couple of things to remove an icon.. But I would really love to have it back as I use it daily to get to apps not on main screens so if anyone who would happen to know how to get that icon back I would be so grateful! :)

[EDIT] NM, I found how to get it back used short cuts..

cjriddle22

Reaction score
Been getting force close when I try to access ROM Manager.. worked yesterday.. Tried clearing data, no dice.

Maybe servers down? Was bout to check out justice.

Edit: Are the reboot options gone?

Z

Zombie_Cha

Amazing

This is amazing work. Love the upgrade to the pro version.