New Liberty Toolbox 3.0.0

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just got the update. I'm liking the new look and functionality. I'm happy to see justice is coming for the d2 very soon! I can wait seeing all the love our phones have been getting with 2nd init (props to cvps!). What are people's thoughts?

CM74D2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
I'd like to know more about what the Justice ROM is going to be about. I'm loving MIUI more than CM7 and CM7 more than Liberty right now. It's just a shame we can't combine some great features from each ROMs.

Incomplete list of what I like from each ROM:

Liberty

- Toolbox features and mods
- sysctl settings
- overclocking
- Dev tools/spare parts
- *reserved*

CM7

- Endless customizations and tweaking
- Enormous library of themes
- Speed
- A constant update to iron out issues and provide tweaks and such
- *reserved*

MIUI

- Fastest boot-up I've ever seen
- Lockscreen style and themes is jaw-dropping awesome
- Icons
- The way the text messages drop down from Notification in a fast reply and sleek style
- UI is top-notch
- Performance is excellent
- Ability to change out parts of the theme to whatever you want with a couple clicks of the button (doesn't work yet till the bug is fixed)
- Notification consist of 2 tabs: 1st tab is all your Notifications, 2nd tab is all the Power Controls you'll ned
- Music player has the nicest UI out of every player that exist (and works) on Android phones, not to forget to mention how awesome the moving Equalizer looks on it
- *reserved*

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree. Miui is nice. The ui is sublime. I did switch back to cm tho until some bugs are worked out. It just works better for me right now. Plus I love the nightlies. As for systcl, you can dl the systcl app (jrummy) for free. Liberty toolbox and droid overclock have the same systcl menu. I'm using it with cm now along with the JAW ram script. Phone is screaming at 1.25ghz and undervolted (smartass governor) Systcl is set at (top to bottom)
Oom task on.

CM74D2

TheSwaggeR

Reaction score
Yeah, by the way... Camera, Camcorder, and Youtube are fixed in MIUI now.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Looks like they got rid of the pull down text editor in the Toolbox. No big deal, since SSX has one built in though.

ldopa, I saw your comment on the market. Haha

SSX v2.0

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was mad at the time (I forgot about the post) I'm happy to see justice is coming to the d2 soon. :)

Maybe we could edit pulldown text within build.prop? Not sure. I'd have to look.
I also saw SS is getting ported to the d2 as well. I'm eating this stuff up! Yum.
CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was mad at the time (I forgot about the post) I'm happy to see justice is coming to the d2 soon. :)

CM74D2

You'll probably like it. Its CM7 with some Liberty tweaks. Hopefully he fixed the reboot issues and battery life.

SSX v2.0

Reaction score
Looks like they got rid of the pull down text editor in the Toolbox. No big deal, since SSX has one built in though.

ldopa, I saw your comment on the market. Haha

SSX v2.0

It's still there under theme settings... in fact I couldn't get the changes to stick with the old toolbox but now I have it changed to what I want.

Love the changes.

Question though, does anyone know what the "check for patch" applies? It says there is a patch but Im afraid to install anything not knowing what it is.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
If your rom has a fix (like for camera or fb sync), it would be here. It's not needed unless it's applicable to the rom your on

CM74D2

Elidog

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed that the themed apps are gone. Hope there will be an update in which they will be back.

That being said it is very nice. Easier to navigate and feature rich.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about what the Justice ROM is going to be about. I'm loving MIUI more than CM7 and CM7 more than Liberty right now. It's just a shame we can't combine some great features from each ROMs.

Incomplete list of what I like from each ROM:

Liberty

- Toolbox features and mods
- sysctl settings
- overclocking
- Dev tools/spare parts
- *reserved*

CM7

- Endless customizations and tweaking
- Enormous library of themes
- Speed
- A constant update to iron out issues and provide tweaks and such
- *reserved*

MIUI

- Fastest boot-up I've ever seen
- Lockscreen style and themes is jaw-dropping awesome
- Icons
- The way the text messages drop down from Notification in a fast reply and sleek style
- UI is top-notch
- Performance is excellent
- Ability to change out parts of the theme to whatever you want with a couple clicks of the button (doesn't work yet till the bug is fixed)
- Notification consist of 2 tabs: 1st tab is all your Notifications, 2nd tab is all the Power Controls you'll ned
- Music player has the nicest UI out of every player that exist (and works) on Android phones, not to forget to mention how awesome the moving Equalizer looks on it
- *reserved*

Dude this post is right out of my thoughts exactly! I am back on miui now!:) however I did patch the update, at times it is a tad buggy, but its nice to know a backup of this and cm7 . I think liquid is badaxx too.cm7 themes all work and its fast..just thought I would add, Thanks again bro for the all in one! You saved Idopa and myself plus countless others from sbf hell...lol

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Cheepjeep

Reaction score
funny i have pull down text editor in the new toolbox, its under the paint brush icon.

OP
ldopa

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Really? Not in mine. I see a restart status bar, that's it.

CM74D2 (I can't put this thing down!)