New LG G3 Leak: Higher End Specs Than Previously Thought; Snapdragon 805 & More!

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
LG_G2_logo.jpg

As sometimes happens with rumors and leaks, we can't tell how accurate this latest intel is, but we are hoping it turns out to be true. The earlier rumors of the LG G3 suggested it will come with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 or even the older 800, but today's rumor suggests that was simply an earlier prototype and the actual processor will be the Snapdragon 805 we have been drooling over since Qualcomm announced it.

If true, this means that LG will be the first device announced with the new processor. There is precedent for this, as the LG G2 was one of the first phones to come with the Snapdragon 800. On top of the rumored Snapdragon 805, there are hints that the device will include a 13MP OIS+ camera on-board, as well as 3GB of RAM for the 32GB version of the device. Interestingly, the 16GB version of the phone will only have 2GB of RAM.

The rumored display hasn't changed, and the LG G3 will still have the 2K 5.5-inch 2,560×1,440 (QHD) touchscreen. Finally, this new rumor also suggests the phone's battery will be a 3,200 mAh instead of the 3,000 mAh previously rumored. As always, take these rumors with your daily helping of skeptics salt. If this is true, the G3 will be one of the more exciting Android smartphone launches of the year. Here at HQ, we are now even more anxious to see what the truth is on May 27th. Stay Tuned!

Source: UnWiredView

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmm... It'll be interesting to see what it turns out to be.. I like the g2..but not enough to make it my primary device... But it misses that by a slim margin.. The g3 just might have what it takes.. I say this drooling right now.

acousticshade

Reaction score
Wow. This sounds like it hits the mark in all areas. Best resolution, best processor, best ram, probably a camera with top marks, awesome removable battery, sd slot.

Definately a spec war power users phone.

jamjr74

Reaction score
Why do they keep increasing phone size on every device???? Just too big for my liking but it seems all top end android phones are following the trend! 4.7-5" is the perfect size in my opinion!

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I like all the "leaks" and "rumors" cause if they come together and the phone is as good as the LG G2 (it is now my daily driver) - I think it will compete nicely with Samsung and the other top end phones on the market. And by that I mean it could actually take some market share from the top name manufacturers.

KaChow

Reaction score
This phone gets better everyday.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

scott craft

Reaction score
I like all the "leaks" and "rumors" cause if they come together and the phone is as good as the LG G2 (it is now my daily driver) - I think it will compete nicely with Samsung and the other top end phones on the market. And by that I mean it could actually take some market share from the top name manufacturers.

I agree. LG has done a fantastic job with the G2 and they are starting to make a name for themselves. At one time I wouldn't have touched an LG phone, but after owning the G2 LG is at the top of the list for my next phone.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I agree. LG has done a fantastic job with the G2 and they are starting to make a name for themselves. At one time I wouldn't have touched an LG phone, but after owning the G2 LG is at the top of the list for my next phone.

I totally agree - sadly I cannot remember what they out before the G2 cause I didn't pay attention...for an almost year old device, the G2 is still a great device...

Which @scott craft did you get your battery life issues worked out?

scott craft

Reaction score
I totally agree - sadly I cannot remember what they out before the G2 cause I didn't pay attention...for an almost year old device, the G2 is still a great device...

Which @scott craft did you get your battery life issues worked out?

No, I haven't had any luck getting it sorted out. I might call Verizon, but I don't want a certified like new replacement.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Drooling over the difference between the 805 and 801 or 800? Really?

I hate the bigger phone sizes. No, I am not going to get "used to it". People walking around with something like the Note 3 look like fools - YES, you really do! But on the plus side I save my money not upgrading.

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
Drooling over the difference between the 805 and 801 or 800? Really?

I hate the bigger phone sizes. No, I am not going to get "used to it". People walking around with something like the Note 3 look like fools - YES, you really do! But on the plus side I save my money not upgrading.

To each their own and thankfully we have enough choices to keep / make everyone happy :)...

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
No, I haven't had any luck getting it sorted out. I might call Verizon, but I don't want a certified like new replacement.

Good luck! Hopefully ya get it sorted out and don't have to do the CLNR route...

KaChow

Reaction score
I gotta admit this device looks really promising and if it continues onward in a path moving forward that the G2 has started this is going to be an amazing game changer phone to have. If this device continues to stay open to the Development Community and not locked down as some of the others, there will be a tremendous shift of Development over to this device. I'm looking forward to working on themes and possibly ROM building if this device continues to stay open. :biggrin:

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
To each their own and thankfully we have enough choices to keep / make everyone happy :)...

Amen there STG.. There is a reason all the companies are going to bigger screens including the iPhone... There is a great amount of people wanting the large devices.. I'd happily carry around my TV and hold it up high.. Don't care them small folks gotta say.. Hehe

N3 tap