New Leaked Video of DROID3 Tutorial with New Version of Blur on the Way

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
OMG theres a "SLEEP" option now ....one of the most missed features for me...missed it for a long time afte bb storm

darkmatter

Reaction score
I want this thing already.

Watching the vids, I can tell already that the keys being out of order is going to frustrate me immensely. I'm going to keep pressing the menu key when I want to go back, or the home key when I want the menu....

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to be torn when it's time for my upgrade. This looks tempting.

My D1 has been great and with all this lockdown business going on with these phones just might make the decision to keep my OG a little easier.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
Hey, someone in the same boat as me! Knock on wood, my D1 is well-behaved. Now that I have a 10" tablet, really the OG is there for phone calls (wow, imagine that), quick browsing and searching, navigation, and music. For video and reading news/books the tablet is better and for work I have the notebook.

My only minor wish might be to move up to the D3's 4" screen...even 4.3" I could handle. Other than that the OG is the perfect platform for me...even with one slow core.

-Matt
Same here - after my Xoom purchase my D1 is virtually applicationless - even simple things like music and maps are removed - and 2.3.4 works almost flawlessly ;)

thurilok

Reaction score
UI looks pretty jerky and slow. I had an OG droid (loved it) until a hardware failure and then got a T-Bolt. The UI is just so much faster on the T-Bolt. I'm disappointed that Motorola didn't step up their game and draw me back to the droid/milestone.

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does this thing look like it's sporting Gingerbread? I have an OG Droid and I've played with the GB Roms and the screen shots in that video do seem to show a GB-looking status bar.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Is it just me, or does this thing look like it's sporting Gingerbread? I have an OG Droid and I've played with the GB Roms and the screen shots in that video do seem to show a GB-looking status bar.

It was benchmarked running Gingerbread a few weeks ago.

That said, some versions of Blur on Froyo have a dark status bar. A recent screenshot of an internal Verizon system showed the Droid 3 as having Froyo. So at this point, there's conflicting information on which it will actually launch with. One would certainly hope for Gingerbread at this point.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Wonder how the camera is. My DX's camera takes beautiful pictures under the proper conditions. Here is once such example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/2011-05-19_16-03-47_23.jpg Those colors are true to the actual flower. But the shutter can be slow. Oh well, no point in drooling over it now. I have to wait til next March til my upgrade.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Wonder how the camera is. My DX's camera takes beautiful pictures under the proper conditions. Here is once such example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/114466/2011-05-19_16-03-47_23.jpg Those colors are true to the actual flower. But the shutter can be slow. Oh well, no point in drooling over it now. I have to wait til next March til my upgrade.

The Droid X/X2 camera is mediocre at best unless in good light. Recent rumors have said that the Droid 3 camera will be an improvement on the one used for the X/X2.

DaWolf85

Reaction score
Does anybody else notice the way the microusb and hdmi ports are right next to each other just like on the atrix? Methinks the D3 will be able to connect to a laptop dock.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Does anybody else notice the way the microusb and hdmi ports are right next to each other just like on the atrix? Methinks the D3 will be able to connect to a laptop dock.

Droid-Life reported over the weekend that they were told it would be Webtop capable. That's the first I'd heard that, but anything is possible.

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I'm interested but I haven't decided whether I'll buy it or not. It seems like a good candidate to replace my Droid 1 but we'll just wait and see.

darkmatter

Reaction score

Droid-Life reported over the weekend that they were told it would be Webtop capable. That's the first I'd heard that, but anything is possible.

Considering moto has said they intend all their high end phones to have the webtop functionality, along with the ports being in the same spot, I'd say its a good possibility.

If so, does this mean 1gig ram for the droid? I forget how the atrix' worked. Was it more, 512phone/512webtop? or did it get full 1gig for either?

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Considering moto has said they intend all their high end phones to have the webtop functionality, along with the ports being in the same spot, I'd say its a good possibility.

If so, does this mean 1gig ram for the droid? I forget how the atrix' worked. Was it more, 512phone/512webtop? or did it get full 1gig for either?

It was more or less a 50/50 divide on the 1 gig of ram from what I remember.