New Leaked Photos Of Motorola's new Droid HD alongside Droid Bionic

Discussion in 'Android News' started by Preach2k, Aug 17, 2011.

1. LewD1

LewD1 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It could have the 2nd gen LTE antenna/radio we've been hearing about, hence the skinnier form.

2. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    No, screen size has nothing to do with it. My 22 inch computer monitor is 1920x1080 just like my 40 inch Sammy!

3. gmorgan056

gmorgan056 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    What's up with Moto and putting these humps on the back of their phones?

And I will probably be getting the Bionic as well. My Droid is on it's last leg.

4. Arkbird

Arkbird DF News Team
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +63
    Probably to house the things the phone needs for the camera like a semi decent sensor and lens.

5. Trusstopher

Trusstopher Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ratings:
    +84
    Why I know it's the "crazy conspiracy" point of view, I am a firm believer that somewhere deep in the R&D departments of the largest of tech companies, they are 3-5 (if not more) generations ahead of what technology the general public has now - so I completely agree that this could have a 2nd gen LTE radio in it. I have no basis for this information, just speculation.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's another reason why I don't believe this "HD" phone is a production model or a phone that is based on something coming to retail. It wouldn't surprise me if it were just some test device. It looks pretty ugly to me.

Brandon

7. BrUhNiGGs

BrUhNiGGs Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Omg i rlly dnt no whut phone to choose for this winter! Nexus Prime? If its coming anytime soon or is even real? Or droid hd! Ughhh idk

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

8. EFGantry

EFGantry Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Admin over at AC (Phil) just said that he's confirmed that VZW is testing the D-HD. if VZW is already testing, and we're already seeing leaked photos of the device, it can't be that far off. (and by that i mean maybe end of Q1/early Q2??) and, this would also seem to fall in line with what Jha said last week or so - the Bionic isn't the only product Moto has coming to mkt. in fact, he gave some indications that Moto could have other significant devices coming to mkt in Q4. we all knew the end of '11 was going to be crazy, and this device could certainly add to the craziness. this is definitely on my radar!

9. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sounds nice but no user replaceable battery, no phone. I'll stick with the bionic. I don't want to be like an iphone owner and have to carry around a charger for when my battery gets low.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

10. Tillmorn

Tillmorn Active Member

Ratings:
    +6
    I'm just going to go ahead and say it: This is what the Bionic should have looked like, at least in terms of thickness. If it truly is sporting a Moto based lte antenna inside, you think they would've slimmed it down enough to, quite frankly, make it at least as sexy as the HD. Sure, it's a black slate- like everything else. But it's a spiffy looking one in comparison to most.

11. SwiftLegend

SwiftLegend Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Still an ugly phone. Think I'll wait for the SG2 or Vigor..unless I get desperate and annoyed with my X2, then I'll go with the Bionic.

12. EFGantry

EFGantry Member

Ratings:
    +6
    i agree. it's nothing spectacular in appearance, and while i would prefer a little more pinache, i will sacrifice that for the slim design. and who knows, by release time, it may end up looking like some of those renderings that were leaked by PocketNow a while back - those were sweet!