New Leaked Photos Of Motorola's new Droid HD alongside Droid Bionic

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
There will always be phones coming that will be better then the one previous. Although I love the look and the design of the phone. I can't see myself waiting another year for it.. I just had to bring my Storm1 back from the dead Monday. I do not know how much longer it's got. So I got to get the Bionic...

wow if your storm1 is still living it must have been taken great care of.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Assuming that first picture is actually the two phones laying side by side and not two separate pictures pasted together... they have the same size screen...

Detonation

Reaction score
Assuming that first picture is actually the two phones laying side by side and not two separate pictures pasted together... they have the same size screen...

It's hard to tell, but it doesn't take much to go from 4.3 to 4.5". Add around 1/8" to height and width (which you couldn't really tell from a picture) and you've got 4.5". Then again, maybe the Bionic is just 4.5" :)

Also, is the SIM slot on the side for Global/LTE purposes, seeing as how Verizon doesn't use one otherwise? Would be a shame if the "Droid" naming on this phone was just a rumor and it goes to another carrier.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
With the Name Droid HD... I am guessing that Verizon is going to get this phone since they own the Droid Trademark? What do you guys think?

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Bet this Droid HD is a 3G global device. Looks too thin to be LTE capable.

end of line...

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Bet this Droid HD is a 3G global device. Looks too thin to be LTE capable.

end of line...

Maybe it has A new LTE chip that is smaller that is being tested?.. This phone will not be released until sometime in 2012.

sb1831

Reaction score
Actually I was being quite serious, how would you like the phone to look? What physical specs would you like to see to change the look?
My apologies in that case. My thought are that unless it's a followup to a DX is shouldn't look like a DX. Yeah no physical buttons, but there just isn't enough change to differentiate models IMO so they keep going to the same tired design.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
My apologies in that case. My thought are that unless it's a followup to a DX is shouldn't look like a DX. Yeah no physical buttons, but there just isn't enough change to differentiate models IMO so they keep going to the same tired design.

Yeah I don't disagree, the Bionic to me is a DX without the hard buttons. I do like the HD though, a little different design (not much) much thinner, change to the soft buttons.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Maybe it has A new LTE chip that is smaller that is being tested?.. This phone will not be released until sometime in 2012.

That would be good news. Hope so for the masses. This phones not on my radar.

end of line...

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's ugly? Android Central is claiming it could be on different carriers, but doesn't that violate the contract between Verizon and Lucasfilms?

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks it's ugly? Android Central is claiming it could be on different carriers, but doesn't that violate the contract between Verizon and Lucasfilms?

Honestly, we know next to nothing about this phone besides the pictures and what Engadget says about it. It's way to early to speculate its release or which carriers considering Verizon hasn't even released the Bionic. But since it does have the Droid branding, it's probably meant for Verizon at some point in time.

Reaction score
While posting with my Thunderbolt I'll enjoy laughing at the people who passed on the Droid X for then Thunderbolt then decided to wait instead for the Bionic and now "hmm, may have to skip the Bionic for the HD". While typing all this on their Droid 1 or Incredible 1 :)

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
While posting with my Thunderbolt I'll enjoy laughing at the people who passed on the Droid X for then Thunderbolt then decided to wait instead for the Bionic and now "hmm, may have to skip the Bionic for the HD". While typing all this on their Droid 1 or Incredible 1 :)

Hey now the D1 is still the best phone Verizon has released, IMO. There has yet to be a phone that for me is worth upgrading to from my D1. 4g means little to me since I live in a tiny town in New Hampshire, we should see 4g by 2067 at the earliest. Dual core will be nice but I can wait till Christmas to see what's coming. I am not the type to keep seeing the next best device to come out and hold out for that but like I said there isn't a phone currently available that is better than my D1 for me. For everyone else that may be entirely different.

mach330

Reaction score
saw this as well. that hd is looking skinny fine and prettymuch all screen and same size prettymuch as the bionic. great....another phone that i want that i have to wait on.