New Leak from TBH Android 2.2.1 Build # 2.3.320!

acidbath5546

Reaction score
Reaction score
Nice but SBF is not released for that yet. Will not risk bricking with no way out except maybe a stupid Verizon rep believing the phone "just stopped working" and giving me a new one...

OP
A

acidbath5546

Reaction score
ote=ScottyDsntKnow;1011713]Nice but SBF is not released for that yet. Will not risk bricking with no way out except maybe a stupid Verizon rep believing the phone "just stopped working" and giving me a new one...[/quote]

Actually they added an SBF as well...bottom of the page @ mydroidworld

Last edited:

Droid74

Reaction score
so what will this new leak do for us? what does it change? why would we want to use it? Can anyone help with these questions please?

randroid123

Reaction score
I went ahead and pulled the trigger on this one... It seems to me like its probably the legit upcoming verizon ota that includes all the fixes... this is more than just a system update it updates the kernel, and the bootloader (thusly no more going back) Battery manager seems to work every time and the time stamp issue with the text messaging app is gone. Also i havent had the error with the musid player or any media off of the sd card... There are just the fixes that i have observed. Havent done quadrant yet but seems snappier... Ive had no trouble installing my custom framework (mostly darkslide) and ive put on a few themed apps... Trying to stay away from too many themed apps now because all of mine are still the old ones (though i doubt anything has been updated)... I have installed the nextheme settings apk with no issues as well (really gotta have those themed setting icons...)

So the only big issue is that there are no easy custom roms available yet although im sure they will be updated within the next couple days... also the current overclock method doesnt seem to work... alows me to do the overclock.ko insmod but once i run setscaling.sh it just reboots (not due to undervolting) Im assumuing this is an issue due to the updated kernel... Although im sure an updated method will be released. I personally care more about the kernel fixes than the overclocking... I use this as my primary music player and I hate rebooting when i get the "this file type is not supported" message... So far very happy with it! Thank u team black hat :)

droid_freak

Reaction score
Well went ahead and took the leap. Seems very smooth, going to try the nextheme to see if it will work. Also looks like Fab has something in the works based on his twitter blasts.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Eh, honestly the random soft reboots are easily my biggest pet peeve with the current version of Froyo, if this fixes them I might reconsider. Also from a bit more reading people are reporting that Milestone Overclock does work with the update and the new version of Tranquility (3.5) will require this update to run. I've actually never ran Tranquility and just coming from a fresh SBF I'm going to give 3.0 a shot and let that make my decision for me.

Btw, I did download the new leak regardless. It already got pulled once since the initial leak and its working as of right now but no guarantees how long with the way Moto is becoming... I suggest getting it while it is hot.

edit: Gah, if the new Apex is based on this I will def. have to upgrade. Apex is my favorite ROM as far as leaving the blur framework intact and letting the user choose what they want but the frequency of soft reboots is crazy. Tranq 3.5 is coming out tomorrow or Monday so that is probably going to be the first ROM for this thing.

Last edited:

droid_freak

Reaction score
Superuser FC'd while updating rootexplorer and a reboot when I let my 1 year old son turn my phone around and around about a hundred times LOL.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

citanes-26

Reaction score
Rubix blurry is allready out for this, links posted on twitter.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Reaction score
Just Dl'd the Blurry for the leak. Focused will be coming soon as well as Tranq and probably a new Apex too. See this sort of thing is why I avoided a smartphone for so long, its too involved lol.

I folded and will be flashing the leak right now. Too much good stuff is coming out for it right away and the fixes are worth it. I have the system SBF so I won't brick the phone...

dogswind

Reaction score
I'm very interested in finding out if those lock screen reboots are finally gone with this release. Time will tell...

Reaction score
Wow that flash took about 2 minutes lol. Its quick for Froyo, just give it a few minutes after it actually loads to the homescreen to finish percolating. Haven't had much time to play with anything else. I'm going to mess with it for a little while, then back it up and dump Rubix Blurry for .320 onto it.

edit: Couldn't wait and installed blurry for the leak (link is up on twitter) and so far so good. I am going to be watching it for soft reboots like a hawk.

Last edited:

sensatti

Reaction score
Sigh, the message widgets time stamp issue is still there. Guess i'll continue adding up 5 hours, damn phone makes me do math! :p

droider4life

Reaction score
You should try "sms time fix" From the market, you can have it correct the timestamp. It isn't perfect but it works pretty good.
Sigh, the message widgets time stamp issue is still there. Guess i'll continue adding up 5 hours, damn phone makes me do math! :p

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App