New Launcher+ App! Only adds home screens without any of the junk!

Graffin

Reaction score
I'm getting force close everytime I open the keyboard :(. This sucks because this is exactly what I have been looking for. Do you think they''ll be having an update soon?

Same here. Not a big deal because I don't view the homescreen in landscape very often, but its a little annoying when I'm absent-mindedly opening my phone and it crashes. :icon_ devil:

OP
S

superdesi

Reaction score
Yea force closing during landscape when keyboard is out sucks. im also getting FCs when i close out of programs randomly. Oh well, hopefully and update will be coming soon.

barbee

Reaction score
i installed it but it was way laggy. and, when i woke the screen up it took about 5 seconds or so to display my home screen. all i would see is a blank wallpaper. i went back to home++

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, I'm going to uninstall my widgets from the default home app and see if that fixes my force closes!

broosewee

Reaction score
Went from Home++ to Launcher+ because all I wanted was more home screens.

So far it's ok, there seems to be some performance overhead, but nothing that can't be addressed in a couple of updates.

I also vote for landscape stability and endless scrolling!

Zion

Reaction score
Home ++

Hi Guys...proud owner of DROID here, from Brooklyn. so far very happy i resisted the Iphone craze..... couple of questions....
  • An ap for organizing/displaying pics and video? (better than the standard "Gallery" wich sux)
  • Is Astrid pretty much the coolest, easiest task organizer out there? i just want to type the task, be ale to choose the day and time i want a reminder, and have it sync to my calendar for notifications....
  • Any place to buy extra battery for Droid as a backup and can u get a battery charger for it? (cameras have this, so u can charge one battery while u r using the other one onteh phone)
  • Whats teh deal with Home ++. i hear good and bad stuff on this....i d like 5-7 screens and cool weather/clock widget, but is is worth downloading? if so, where can i get it?
  • IS there a word/excel/pp ap for the phone?
thats all for now, love the posts, love the help!
Mike

broosewee

Reaction score
Hi Guys...proud owner of DROID here, from Brooklyn. so far very happy i resisted the Iphone craze..... couple of questions....
  • An ap for organizing/displaying pics and video? (better than the standard "Gallery" wich sux)
  • Is Astrid pretty much the coolest, easiest task organizer out there? i just want to type the task, be ale to choose the day and time i want a reminder, and have it sync to my calendar for notifications....
  • Any place to buy extra battery for Droid as a backup and can u get a battery charger for it? (cameras have this, so u can charge one battery while u r using the other one onteh phone)
  • Whats teh deal with Home ++. i hear good and bad stuff on this....i d like 5-7 screens and cool weather/clock widget, but is is worth downloading? if so, where can i get it?
  • IS there a word/excel/pp ap for the phone?
thats all for now, love the posts, love the help!
Mike

It might benefit you better if you create a new thread or search around, since this thread is focused around the Launcher+ app.

To try to answer some of your questions...
I haven't found a better free alternative to the gallery.
I use RemindMe for reminders, but not sure if it synchs with your calendar.
Home++ is good, give it a shot. If you just want more home screens, then Launcher+ Beta is where its at.
Not sure about word/excel/pp apps, but I use GDocs for all my documents.

Have fun DROIDING!

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com

hughesjr

Reaction score
hello folks

so i installed it... how do i get it to give me 5 screens? i still have my three default screens

thanks
hit the menu button and go into preferences. You should be able to do it from there.

Preferences is only there if you also have Home++ installed, for those of you who do not, long press on the screen (like you would for a widget), then select Screens, which is where Launcher+ is set up from.

broosewee

Reaction score
Hi Guys...proud owner of DROID here, from Brooklyn. so far very happy i resisted the Iphone craze..... couple of questions....<ul>An ap for organizing/displaying pics and video? (better than the standard &quot;Gallery&quot; wich sux
Go to this thread, the solution is there..http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/12061-gallery-2-1-image-working-2-0-1-a.html

Kudos to you man, this 2.1 Gallery is the bee's knees. :icon_ banana: