New Launcher : ADW

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
well i didnt read how to install it so i extracted it on my pc threw in my drop box folder downloaded it to my phone and installed it and it replaced my stock home
I did the EXACT same thing, even down to using dropbox LOL

Opened the zip, pulled out the .apk, put it in my dropbox folder, opened the dropbox app, downloaded the apk, installed it, pressed the home button, done.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
well i didnt read how to install it so i extracted it on my pc threw in my drop box folder downloaded it to my phone and installed it and it replaced my stock home
I did the EXACT same thing, even down to using dropbox LOL

Opened the zip, pulled out the .apk, put it in my dropbox folder, opened the dropbox app, downloaded the apk, installed it, pressed the home button, done.

will probably be gone when you restart your phone i had to use clockworkmod recovery to install it and keep it

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am using DarkEdge and the taskbar isn't transparent on ADW. :( It is correct on Helix and Tag Home but not on ADW sadly.

HarvesterX™

Reaction score
How do you get more than two apps in the dock?

This one took me a minute to figure out as well. I was about to uninstall and reinstall helix2 until I realized that if I put my finger over the app tray dots then quickly slid my finger up (or left in landscape) another row will appear where you can place 6 more shortcuts.

It will replace helix2 for me but does have a few issues but come on it's only a beta and the dev is continually updating. One such bug is that the app will fc if you switch the phone's orientation while the app tray is open.

I encourage everyone to click on report whenever they get a fc. This way the dev can get a dump and explanation for the error and provide faster fixes. This one has a lot of potential.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh and I just rebooted, ADW is still here. :)

BUT my original Home (Launcher.apk) was removed LONG ago. I find that having only one launcher installed makes things work smoother sometimes. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Bxrider117

Reaction score
ADW Launcher - This it the best!!!

So I don't normally post things that I see on other sites, but I was on Droid-Life and I came across this new launcher and I just had to share it with the masses here. This launcher works very well with Jrummy's ROM. I am not 100% sure about other ROMs.

This laucher has up to 7 screens. The N1 app drawer, the apps can scroll from screen to screen. You can regulate how many apps per line and column. It has the new Sense UI view of the desktop screens by pressing hte home button.

Check it out. You will not be disappointed.

ADW Launcher Includes SenseUI Homescreens | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog#

You must be rooted to use this launcher!!!!

RoNYC

Reaction score
Hi

Is/was there any news if there are plans to have ADW available for non root?

Thanks

microsnook

Reaction score
So I don't normally post things that I see on other sites, but I was on Droid-Life and I came across this new launcher and I just had to share it with the masses here. This launcher works very well with Jrummy's ROM. I am not 100% sure about other ROMs.

This laucher has up to 7 screens. The N1 app drawer, the apps can scroll from screen to screen. You can regulate how many apps per line and column. It has the new Sense UI view of the desktop screens by pressing hte home button.

How can I add more than one "base icon" at the bottom? lol I cant figure it out

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Not to be a stickler, but this deserves to be in the apps section

Bxrider117

Reaction score

How can I add more than one "base icon" at the bottom? lol I cant figure it out

Swipe from the bottom like you are trying to drop the notification bar from the bottom by the app drawer and the app drawer button will disappear. Then you can add 6 other apps. Then just press on the arrow to bring back the original app drawer.

triplecrown

Reaction score
For all those having problems with sprecovery and getting "installation aborted", I had the same thing. Just unzip the file with something like winrar and there's an .apk file inside. Just dump the .apk to your sdcard and intall with root explorer.

rage151

Reaction score
In addition turn the other ways listed here, you can downlaod the file, open ROM Manager, and select Install ROM from SD Card. I did this, didn't do a wipe, and it installed flawlessly. Very easy. I am loving this app!