New Launcher : ADW

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Okay, for some reason, when I dropped shortcuts beside the drawer the first time, it added a square dot instead of the apps icon. Must have been a fluke. How can you delete those now? Long pressing them doesn't seem to do anything and I don't see any options to clear them in the settings.

*It was related to having the "Tint AB" option checked. Once unchecked, I can see the icons. I still would like to know how to delete the ones I have because I would like to use different apps.

Last edited:

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
It works great for me but its going to take a little while to get used to, It took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to get to the dock. The only issue I have is that my LAB and RAB dont show the icons, just gray squares, which is kind of ugly.

menu>ADWsettings>UI settings>check tint AB

its will get rid of the ugly gray and make it color

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
It works great for me but its going to take a little while to get used to, It took me like 20 minutes to figure out how to get to the dock. The only issue I have is that my LAB and RAB dont show the icons, just gray squares, which is kind of ugly.

I had just figured that out. I'm not sure why that option is even available. Do you know how to delete the LAB and RAB shortcuts? Long pressing doesn't do anything.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score

I had just figured that out. I'm not sure why that option is even available. Do you know how to delete the LAB and RAB shortcuts? Long pressing doesn't do anything.
just drag another icon over it if you are wanting to replace it or you can disable them so they arent there anymore in the setting

Ziocomposite

Reaction score
Downloaded the file, using the notification bar opened the d/l with astro file manager. The apk is in the "App" folder and installed it. Works fine for me. I do remember deleting the original home apk with titanium backup beforehand. Running with the latest cm with pr3's 1000 kernel. Take tint off to show the two apps beside the launcher. Love it so far, runs fast for me even though I only clock to 600 with a couple fc's with reasons I can't remember. Hope this helps.

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score

just drag another icon over it if you are wanting to replace it or you can disable them so they arent there anymore in the setting

Thanks! If things continue to be stable, this will definitely replace helix 1 for me.

brando56894

Reaction score

Cool, thanks. I think I'm going to get rid of it though, It just froze and rebooted and now everything is FCing like crazy and being ridiculously slow.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Re: Droid life posting ADW

Cool, thanks. I think I'm going to get rid of it though, It just froze and rebooted and now everything is FCing like crazy and being ridiculously slow.

That's odd no FC on me so far running faster than any other home so far

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

brando56894

Reaction score
Thats how it was for me, how long have you been using it for? It was fine for me for about an hour or two and then started being stupid, froze, rebooted and then kept FCing immediately after boot up. It took about 2 minutes for my wallpaper to appear and every single thing was FCing. I had to do a battery pull to get it to shut down.

patryn150

Reaction score
Worked great for me, BB v1.0 w/ 1ghz. I think the only thing I would like is the ability for 6 buttons + app drawer.

tiggerxplur

Reaction score
Thats how it was for me, how long have you been using it for? It was fine for me for about an hour or two and then started being stupid, froze, rebooted and then kept FCing immediately after boot up. It took about 2 minutes for my wallpaper to appear and every single thing was FCing. I had to do a battery pull to get it to shut down.

just a couple hours not too long my pohne isnt even OC at the moment either

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Worked great for me, BB v1.0 w/ 1ghz. I think the only thing I would like is the ability for 6 buttons + app drawer.

yeah, ditto on bb1.0, runs very nice, just need to get it working for those of us that like to root stock only w/ no rom

i too would love it if it was simply that dockbar locked open - it would be nice to have 6 icons docked at the bottom

brando56894

Reaction score
you can have it stay open but it covers the LAB, RAB and Drawer buttons :-/

just a couple hours not too long my pohne isnt even OC at the moment either

I'm OC'd to 1.2GHz, that may be a factor.