New Launcher : ADW

OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score
It is a launcher. It replaces the home launcher on the ROM....

David522

Reaction score
I lied, I opened ROM Manger, Installed from SD Card, Rebooted and its no where to be found?

Last edited:
OP
S

stlcity

Reaction score
I lied, I opened ROM Manger, Installed from SD Card, Rebooted and its no where to be found?

it worked for me....once U reboot and unlock it should give u multiple "home" options if it did install correctly. I got "home, launcher, HelixLauncher". I select "home" and it was there.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Droid life posting ADW

ADW Launcher Includes SenseUI Homescreens

On 05.13.10, In Apps, Root (unlock), by Kellex (online)

The newest launcher to sneak into the Android world packs too many options for me to even attempt to list out. The ADW Launcher sort of found its way into a few forums over the last few days even though it appears to have been in several beta stages on the G1 without the mainstream world knowing. My first impressions are, “Whoa! It does that? And that? Wait…and that too?” This is the most personalize-able (that a word?) launcher I’ve ever seen. A mix of Helix, SenseUI, Samsung Galaxy and so much more makes this thing easily worth an hour of your time.
Any bad news? Yes. At this time it’s only for rooted users. While I know nothing of developing, this appears to need a couple of tweaks and it could be available for everyone. Maybe once it steps out of beta?
Features:

• Side-to-side scrolling in app drawer.
  • Adjust number of columns/rows in app drawer.
  • Persistent apps + hidden app bar.
  • Hide notification bar.
  • Press “home” key and see SenseUI styled screen preview.
  • Up to 7 home screens.
  • Way too many to list.
*Note 1* – The following instructions are performed using ClockworkdMod Recovery.
Instructions for installation…
1. Download this file to the root of your SD card: Version 0.7Beta7 (alt link)
2. Reboot into recovery. (Power + X)
3. Select “install zip from sdcard.”
4. Select “choose zip from sdcard.”
5. Scroll down and select “ADW.Launcher.0.7….zip.”
6. After it finishes installing, hit the power button to return one menu.
7. Reboot your phone.
8. Choose the “Home” launcher when prompted.
9. Done!
Comments or questions?
*Note 2* – Make sure to donate to the developer if you can. Ander Webbs is his name as far as I can tell, and you can find his dedicated launcher page here.
Gallery:
.gallery-item {width: 25%;}

Cheers Tim!

as stated: This is from Droidlife here is the link: Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
did not work for me... restoring my back up. Hopefully some one else have better luck.

brando56894

Reaction score
I saw this earlier and I'm going to try it out now, I'm in the process of backing up my stuff :D I was on helix 1 before and its become kind of slow and buggy recently IMO.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
if any one have success tell me what u did.
b4 you do this make sure you back up everything. I forgot to back up everything with titanium.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was able to get it installed and try it out (yesterday). I wanted to try out the "up to 6 action shortcuts" in the dockbar, but never could figure out how to get more than one on each side. If I could've figured that out I probably would've kept it longer (and would try it again). Besides the occasional FC (it IS still beta afterall), it ran really smooth and seemed like it has great potential.

edit: spelling

Last edited:

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when installed the zip file (both through clockwork and sprecovery) It took away my deafylt home and only left me with the options of zeam and HL1

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
when installed the zip file (both through clockwork and sprecovery) It took away my deafylt home and only left me with the options of zeam and HL1

It was my understanding that that is what it's supposed to do - hence the .zip through recovery - it modifies the stock home launcher.

How did you get it to install through sprecovery? If I could do that, I'd try it again right now - don't want to do clockwork just for this! I kept getting an error "installation aborted" when I tried through sprecovery.

ntrddragn

Reaction score
hmmm...how did you guys install this? i boot into recovery (sprecovery) and dont see the option to

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
correction: I got an error through sprecovery. When I installed through clockwork my standard home was gone.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yeah you will need rom manager and flash clockwork

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
hmmm...how did you guys install this? i boot into recovery (sprecovery) and dont see the option to

EDIT: just saw your correction

that's what I'm wondering as well (Pilot! :)) - I could only do it through clockwork, and from what I read yesterday sprecovery couldn't do it.